Rockets Across America!!!!

And some more...

Getting ready to go back to Blue Springs. Hondax rode with us for awhile and I heard rumors of 120 mph speeds being hit by Vonbonds and Pianoman. They passed me and I slowed the rest of the group down to 80 mph or so, somehow everyone got through the infamous Lone Jack speed traps. We made substantially better time going back, Rockets can compress time and space.

I know Hondax and Vonbonds took a few Pics... just about anyone is a better photographer than I am.

Sedalia

Really enjoyed riding with you guys! Fun in Sedalia, especially getting to talk to the brave Rocket captain Vonbonds...hell of a ride! I'd be your wingman anytime...and yes Vonbonds, I'll bring the girls. I led my small group on the way back and had it locked into about 80mph, when 4 rockets flew past me in tight formation...warmed my heart! Next year...30 rockets minimum!:bch:

Another Gadget

Great I thought I had everything until somebody mentioned "Speed Traps" so I'll have to readjust things for the Radar Detector. Tomo...... do they make a fuse big enough for all this stuff ( and that doesn't include the Train Air Horns )Link Removed

Seems like blowing out the cob webs is becoming a tradition. Luckily the Lone Jack PD were already busy with other vehicles so we kind of coasted through and got back on it. A little more head wind than I like but it was all good. It's always great to get on it and find another Rocket is staying up with you. Usually you leave other bikes in the rear view mirror.:roll:

I'm suggesting a set up a lot like the " 2 Minute Dating " scenario. Everybody sits down, talks to the person across from you for 2 minutes and then moves to the next person. Like others today, the long table kept us from having conversations with more than the few around us.

Rusty, maybe some of the KC Boys will head up to St. Jo some weekend and you pick the "Feeding Trough".

Thanks for the HD guys joining us. It was interesting to hear different exhaust systems [ hint-hint ] and in my book you're all welcome anytime you get the chance to join us.

Danno, Pergy, Ugarte and Doug33.........you were missed but there'll always be another time and hopefully soon.

I'm beat and heading for the big SNOOZE ROOM IN THE SKY! Link Removed

P.S. Hondax......Thanks for hosting the event and the ICON above is for you!

Last edited:
Sounds like everyone had a great time. Vonbonds, glad you could make it out there.

Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone and missed out on it all, maybe next year and maybe I need to allot more vacations days for the trip to account for weather. I don't think mid-summer will be any better and I would recommend keeping the event in mid-september. This was a freak weather event for september. The weather forecast for the week prior showed almost perfect weather all the way out and back for me......oh well....

Thanks all for making the trip. It sure was a nice day for a cruise. I took three pics. This is the only one that offers something different than Tomo's.
On the far left is BigErn listening to Pianoman tell of his accessories. We waited an extra 28 minutes for Pianoman to go down the list.
In the foreground Tomo became so bored waiting, he started directing Kehde patrons to their parking slots and earned .75 cents from a nice older couple. I would have given the money back.
Ray's friend in front of the "Bill's Homemade Ice cream" sign is watching Patrick wax his Harley. Thanks to Pianoman, Patrick had time to wax several others. :rolleyes:
Our only female rider and very easy on the eyes, seemed to fit in quite well with all the guys. I called her a "lady" and she seemed to like that....I think we both blushed.:eek:

True story:
While waiting for y'all to show, a man walking into Kehde's informed me he traveled all the way from Kansas City to buy some BBQ. He told me he "had no teef" and that Kehde's was the only BBQ he could chew,.....hmmmmmmmm! I quizzed him about all the other BBQ places in KC and he insisted Kehde's was the only one soft enough to chew,....er gum. I may if fact have found someone who DID fall off the turnip truck...... Should have taken his pic! :D

Much kudo's to everyone who was able to make the ride, especially to Vonbonds for his dedication to come down from Maryland. It was great to be able to finally put faces with the names we all know so well! That had to be the best BBQ i've eaten in years, and the ribs i brought back were just the ticket for a snack before sack time! It was great to see all those Rockets and the variety of people that ride them. Hey Vonbonds...if i would of know that you all were going to "feel the need for some excess speed!", I probably could've been swayed from my early departure! Possibly spanked a Rocket or two on the top end :D ! Great photos eveyone, especially Toystore, the one at the restraunt...that's about the same look i had on my face when Triumph told me i had to buy a set of cases to get the bearing cap! Piano man...thanks for all the cool patches and stickers...I'll call ahead and order you a new wiring harness for when your's melts down :eek: ! Thanks again for everyone that showed up. You don't get very many riders willing to do a run in the fall with threating weather no less. :bch: Bigern

After 17 hours and 1200 miles I am home. I didn't do the paperwork needed for an official "Iron Butt" but I did one anyway. I just wanted to sleep in my own bed! I will write tomorrow how it went....obviously I was flying though :).

Home Sweet Home

Glad you made it home safe and sound. I'll send you a certificate of merit for the "Iron Butt" if you need one. How was the southern route going east? Hopefully there was more to see in Kentucky than Indiana had to offer.

Get some rest and then fill us all in.

Good job Vonbonds....I'll bet you do have an iron butt :roll:
I'm glad you made it safe.

Hey Hondax... I needed that 75 cents to get home... I spent all of my money on Peanut Butter Burgers (with Mayo).

vonbonds said:
After 17 hours and 1200 miles I am home. I didn't do the paperwork needed for an official "Iron Butt" but I did one anyway. I just wanted to sleep in my own bed! I will write tomorrow how it went....obviously I was flying though :).

Wow, 1200 miles in 17 hours....that is flying! Congrats on the IB Vonbonds, and congrats on making the trip despite the weather.....that's a lot more riding spirit than I was able to muster.....:bch: :cool:

Back