Yawn...so far

Maybe I'm too critical here or maybe it is because I bought a lot of "stuff" to get my Rocket (and I haven't even seen it yet with all the goodies installed yet) up to "semi-touring" mode but other than the "intergrated" rear saddlebag guards I'm not too impressed.
So far no fairing, no hint of a stereo, rear trunk, ABS, cruise control...seems to come up pretty short.
As Brian said the fairing may come as an accessory but what's the point, we can pretty much get that now with Corbin. The only advantage I could see is if they package a lot of the goodies (like they have on the current "tourer") and give a price break.
Hopefully this is just a little way into overall development and more is coming, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I already have a good benchmark in the Wing, for me to eventually move up or away from the Wing they are going to have to do a little better. The main advantage right now it would have is the bigger engine, but that will only take you so far (though a little faster as well).
At least the engine is black, that would have saved me a lot of money this last time around.
I need to get home and ride...I should be happier that at least they are trying...sorry guys.
Hope there is more to come.
Dennis

Last edited:
I'm with Molino..So What

Toss$3k-$3.5k to Corbin and get a fairing and the hard bags... but no stereo

Don't go with the Corbin fairing and opt for the DragSport fairing with the stereo, etc.

From my perspective, it appears to be more bolt-on afterthoughts from what they have lying around.

The only real change that I can see is the ugly spoke wheels (PITA to clean) and the hard bags.

I'll be very disappointed if this becomes their final offering in the touring market segment.

The new bike might share the Rocket's engine, but the bodywork, suspension and chassis are all new, suggesting it will be marketed as a completely separate model rather than just as a Rocket derivative.

I am thinking it is disguised to look more Rocket like now but when we se the finished product it will be distinctive and quite a bit heavier.

For some reason, pics don't show on my PC screen.

I'd reserve comments until they do. But in terms of luxo-tourers, the current GoldWing (have just been challenged --almost forced-- to test-ride one) is an incredibly tough act to follow. Honest.

My 2-cents? So Triumph would be better off coming up with a highly differentiated product. Jamie

The one thing about a Goldwing, it looks more like an appliance than a motorcycle. I think I would choose a HD over the Goldwing purely based on appearance.

I do applaud Triumph for getting off their butts although I'd still buy a Gold Wing if touring was my thing.

I think a lot of guys will do the 1-headlight mod. Not me though; I love that sportbikey, two-headlight look!

Anyway good post Pig9r.

Back