Well Triumph, it's a start anyway. :)
Triumph wouldn't be so presumptuous as to think they are ready to compete with a Goldwing, hence, the ho-hum offering. Again, you have to start somewhere, so, "WAY TO GO" Triumph.
The Goldwing took many years to evolve to it's current and most "decadently candied" Touring model.

Pig9R

Brian, you may chose the HD for the "look" (though to me it looks the same year after year after year), it won't be for the performance. Since you have the Rocket you know what I mean. Someone on the other board described the new "offering" as a Harley updated with a modern engine...as good a description as I've seen so far.
Dennis
11 dtg!

Those hard bags look like they were 'borrowed' from a Shovel head FLT. If that's a first attempt, they have a ways to go. I'll stick with my Classic. I don't care for the black valve cover and the black engine. It's like Triumph is trying to make the engine look diminutive when it's the engine that actually sets the bike apart from 'the rest'.

At least it don't have a red seat.:D

Finally, I wonder if this will be a product of the Thailand factory.:confused:

I wonder how the Victory Vision is fairing and the newly released Indian from Chris Craft Boats. By the way, I've never received any literature from the Brit Indian Company despite repeated e-mails.....I guess they don't want Yanks to have one.

Last edited:
Taken for a ride

I know the story originated with MCN but what if this is just a guy who modded a gas tank, adapted the hard bags off of a shovel head FLT (like Flip mentioned), stuck a mono headlight on and was just personalizing his Rocket?
And the "rumor" goes on....I think we may have been taken in by an unintentional hoax.
Dennis
11 dtg!

I think it is the real deal. There were spy shots of it without the bags a while back. The article said new frame and forks, which you can see in the photo. The rider looks (same jacket, helmet and size) like the same guy that was on the Tiger and 675 test bikes. If there are any Brits that are reading this they can look up his registration and see who it comes back too. That should also provide displacement size.

My dealer said there will be two new bikes this year, one a derivative of another model (naked 675) and one new (Rocket tourer).

Many times I wonder if these things are staged by the manufacturer to get some talk going before the unveiling. The same scenario happened when the Rocket was rumored to be introduced.

This is just a test mule. The wheels, tank, exhaust and seat are probably close to final production, maybe the side bags. The windshield, headlight, totally black engine, and maybe these side bags, are all "standard" bike looking to keep the test mule from drawing too much attention on the street. I am betting that there is a full fairing or a frame mounted fairing that that we're not getting to see that goes with that tank since it seems to sit farther back. The only thing this bike really proves is that Triumph IS working on a "touring" version. It would be GREAT to find out if the rear wheel is of a size that offers more choice of tires!

Last edited:
Here is the registration.

Date of Liability 01 05 2007
Date of First Registration 17 05 2006
Year of Manufacture 2006
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2300CC
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
Vehicle Colour BLACK

Jack and coke you're bad. Some take his photoshop away, next thing he'll be posting pics women with three boobs and sheep with five legs.

Back