Sorry but that is one ugly motorcycle :cool: i wouldn't ride that thing if they paid me. I like Rockets stripped to their bare-bones minimum though... to each there own as they say !!!

I kinda agree but have to say, 2 of my mates would buy it straight away. 1 ended up on an Ultra and the other the BM and both are happy but always say they'd buy my bike if it had a tourer version. the R3T just doesnt cut it. gotta say, id probably buy one to take my son away with me and further strip down my roadster.

TC you've done a guzillian miles on bikes so you are pretty bloody well conditioned for anything but have you ever had a bike with a fairing. i'm really thinking a tourer could be something i should look at. what do ya reckon?

I kinda agree but have to say, 2 of my mates would buy it straight away. 1 ended up on an Ultra and the other the BM and both are happy but always say they'd buy my bike if it had a tourer version. the R3T just doesnt cut it. gotta say, id probably buy one to take my son away with me and further strip down my roadster.

TC you've done a guzillian miles on bikes so you are pretty bloody well conditioned for anything but have you ever had a bike with a fairing. i'm really thinking a tourer could be something i should look at. what do ya reckon?

Never owned a bike with a full fairing. I owned a Moto Guzzi Series II Le Mans years ago and I rode an Electraglide across the Barkly once. I've got a full size and a summer screen for my Rocket ... prefer a screen to a fully faired bike .

Triumph is doing a lot of direct copying BMW as of late. Even though this is an old concept, maybe something like this is coming? I mean the new Triumph Trophy is a direct copy of the BMW R1200RT, except for the engine.. The Tiger Explorer, BMW R1200GS.. Tiger 800, BMW F800GS.. etc.

What is it that Triumph say's..oh yeah Go Your Own Way :confused:

RJ

Tell you what . That 1200 motor in that bike is heaps more fun than a 1200 BMW engine any day of the week. I've ridden bikes both engines and the Triumph is a hoot !!!!

I was talking to a Triumph rep at the Sturgis event and he said to "stay tuned". There is something in the works as far as a touring package for the Rocket.

I heard the same thing from a Triumph rep who claimed himself a Rocket expert. I was shopping for my Rocket at the time and he said he'd hold off buying if he were me because Triumph had something pretty intense for the Touring in the works. That was November last year. I guess we'll see but I hope it doesn't look like that one in the first post.

Back