Rocket sighting in San Antonio

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
Just thought I would post this since they seem to be rare has hen's teeth around here.

The guy had a good story about his Rocket that I thought I would relay here. His Rocket is a black and white 2007 Classic. He, like me, usually takes his Rocket to the Austin dealer for service, but at about 8,000 miles the bike had a catastrophic engine failure. He decided to trailer it to our local dealer, Alamo BMW/Triumph to see about getting it repaired. The bike ended up being 2 months out of warranty, and the service dept said they weren't going to cover it! ( This is typical of our crappy dealer ).

HOWEVER, the receptionist over heard this converstation, and asked him to come over. The national Triumph rep just happened to be visiting that day! The girl took him over and introduced him to the rep and told him what she had over heard. The rep went with him and looked his bike over. He still had the original tires on it and the rep commented that he must really baby this thing. The rep then told the serice rep that they WILL repair this bike.

During the repair, the service dept tried to short change on repairs. The bike needed a piston, so the dealer was going to replace 1 piston. Triumph told them no.. if you are replacing 1 piston, you're replacing all 3. Then the dealer was going to send his head off to a machine shop for repair. Triumph again told them no.. you are going to replace the head with a new head...

The original problem was the lower cam chain gear had cracked in half.. causing valve timing issues, valves contacting pistons, etc..

Also.. when he picked up the bike, he noticed that his tank prop rod was missing. He pointed this out and they lied and said it was never there. He inisited they replace it. The service rep went to another customer's bike and pulled his tank prop rod! It gets good though. This customer happens to come in at about the same time. He is proud of his new bike and starts talking... Just before my guy leaves, he lets the customer know that he needs to check on his tank prop rod. The guy asks why? And my guy says because they just took yours and put it on my bike.. lol!

So my guy ( I don't have his name if you haven't noticed) has a lot of respect for Triumph, but our local dealer, Alamo BMW/Triumph, really, really sucks.

Just thought I would post this since they seem to be rare has hen's teeth around here.

The guy had a good story about his Rocket that I thought I would relay here. His Rocket is a black and white 2007 Classic. He, like me, usually takes his Rocket to the Austin dealer for service, but at about 8,000 miles the bike had a catastrophic engine failure. He decided to trailer it to our local dealer, Alamo BMW/Triumph to see about getting it repaired. The bike ended up being 2 months out of warranty, and the service dept said they weren't going to cover it! ( This is typical of our crappy dealer ).

HOWEVER, the receptionist over heard this converstation, and asked him to come over. The national Triumph rep just happened to be visiting that day! The girl took him over and introduced him to the rep and told him what she had over heard. The rep went with him and looked his bike over. He still had the original tires on it and the rep commented that he must really baby this thing. The rep then told the serice rep that they WILL repair this bike.

During the repair, the service dept tried to short change on repairs. The bike needed a piston, so the dealer was going to replace 1 piston. Triumph told them no.. if you are replacing 1 piston, you're replacing all 3. Then the dealer was going to send his head off to a machine shop for repair. Triumph again told them no.. you are going to replace the head with a new head...

The original problem was the lower cam chain gear had cracked in half.. causing valve timing issues, valves contacting pistons, etc..

Also.. when he picked up the bike, he noticed that his tank prop rod was missing. He pointed this out and they lied and said it was never there. He inisited they replace it. The service rep went to another customer's bike and pulled his tank prop rod! It gets good though. This customer happens to come in at about the same time. He is proud of his new bike and starts talking... Just before my guy leaves, he lets the customer know that he needs to check on his tank prop rod. The guy asks why? And my guy says because they just took yours and put it on my bike.. lol!

So my guy ( I don't have his name if you haven't noticed) has a lot of respect for Triumph, but our local dealer, Alamo BMW/Triumph, really, really sucks.

I hate it when crap dealers survive and Triumph drop good dealers because their
showrooms aren't swanky enough

Ray

Another sad case of stealerships not doing justice to the Triumph reputation. Why is it that Thriumph seem to just not do anything about keeping these arseholes in line. If i worked at triumph, id join all the Tirumph blogs and take notice of peoples issues.

I know if my authorised Stealership acted like a dealership id have at least 7 other triumph riders in my group of lads.

Shame Trumpy, you should try and give a ****.

How about when they give the francise to a holding group that have only sold cars.
And these guy's no feck all about bikes..it's just another commodity to them.
They all arrive to work by car and have no idea about what a motorcyclist wants
and how special his bike is to him..fecks me off

Ray

I initially wrote this up as a praise for Triumph for standing behind this Rocket, regardless of what the dealer tried to do. I wasn't primarily meaning to bash our local dealer, but.. I've given them over $850.00 for nothing myself over the past couple of years, so I'm not enthused either.. lol Alamo BMW/Triumph is primarily a Euro sports car restoration shop. They have a pretty awesome cart track. For bikes, BMW is obviously their priority. Triumph became available when the local YamaSuziHonda dealer dropped them.. so they decided to add Triumph, apparently as an after thought.

Back