Reno exhaust says i don't need to do an ECU tune or big air filter. However, i do have some descending pop and i'm concerned. I've checked for air leaks all joints are tight should i be worried about a little defending pop?

Per Reno.... "gain at least 10-15 horsepower without remap and big air kit". Interesting. I think most exhaust manufacturers make some claim about not having to do a remap but I don't buy it. Exhaust gases moving faster out of the motor almost always create a lean condition. Unless you are going for pure sound and nothing else, to me it makes no sense to unrestrict the back end and not remove the restriction on the intake. After all, that restriction on the intake is truly terrible. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Per Reno.... "gain at least 10-15 horsepower without remap and big air kit". Interesting. I think most exhaust manufacturers make some claim about not having to do a remap but I don't buy it.

I've seen this numerous times ....
"Buy my exhaust, it'll go faster, no need for any of that fang dangled tuning carry on, or any other mods ... just give me your money !"
People just want to sell something, if your bike runs lean afterwards .... Well, that's your problem. Wrong !

I ALWAYS recommend a re-map, even for a simple free flow cross over pipe with no other mods.

Back