This is probably a good place to bring up an issue that my Australian friend noted on his new Rocket. The front fender is off center and the dealership told him it is the same with all the one's brought into Australia. Einar asked me to post the pic he sent me to ask if other owners outside of Oz have noted this defect. My 07 Classic came with the front forks twisted just a bit which made the handlebars off. I kind of got used to it, and there were no handling issues, but my son noticed it right away after I gave it to him. The next time I'm in Maryland we'll do the fix.

I'm wondering if this is the problem with Einar's which is causing the fender to look off center.
Einar front fender.jpg
Must be the same QC person who missed the ugly welding spots

th

This is probably a good place to bring up an issue that my Australian friend noted on his new Rocket. The front fender is off center and the dealership told him it is the same with all the one's brought into Australia. Einar asked me to post the pic he sent me to ask if other owners outside of Oz have noted this defect. My 07 Classic came with the front forks twisted just a bit which made the handlebars off. I kind of got used to it, and there were no handling issues, but my son noticed it right away after I gave it to him. The next time I'm in Maryland we'll do the fix.

I'm wondering if this is the problem with Einar's which is causing the fender to look off center.
Einar front fender.jpg
The tire is off center by design. 5mm I think. It was made this way to improve some aspect of handling. I don’t know the specifics but my mechanic showed it to me and told me they went over the reasons in the tech class he attended to be qualified to service the new bikes. All the 2020 Rockets are built this way.

The tire is off center by design. 5mm I think. It was made this way to improve some aspect of handling. I don’t know the specifics but my mechanic showed it to me and told me they went over the reasons in the tech class he attended to be qualified to service the new bikes. All the 2020 Rockets are built this way.
So Doc you are saying that it is the tire and not the fender?

So Doc you are saying that it is the tire and not the fender?
It is the tire and wheel. Look closely I think you will find the fender is centered but the tire/wheel is off to the right I believe?

There are several aspects of the bike that are slightly off center including the engine and crank shaft in order to counterbalance the torque. British engineering that has ties back to lessons learned with the Rolls-Royce merlin engine in the P-51 Mustang and other military aircraft. Try fitting that on a motorcycle frame :laugh:

I’ll be doing my own my 2020 Rocket 3 R. Rotella T6 15w40 full synthetic, using my reusable oil filter from my 2017 Rocket 3R. I’ll change out the drive shaft oil. Total for me $30 :). The reusable oil filters are perfect so you can check for metal shavings! Already paid the Dealer when I bought the Bike and they stole my 2017 Rocket Roadster for $7000 oh well.

Hi everyone! I just dropped off the Rocket TFC for the 600 miles initial service. What is the typical cost of initial service? My neighborhood dealer is asking $342.00 for the service...seems kind of steep to me. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
I just paid the same on mine

Back