LAS VEGAS DAVE

Turbocharged
Ride
V8 CHOPPER, BOSS HOSS, 2015 ROCKET 3 TOURING
When I rev the motor white smoke comes out.I previously overfilled the oil by about one quarter of a quart. I ran many miles at 90 mph or even more with it like that. Then I seen the smoke when I first blip the throttle. I changed the oil with the proper amount and a new air filter. It still smokes. Is it a bad valve guide? Is there some sort of emissions thing that could cause it? There is no more Triumph mechanic in Las Vegas. There was a guy named Mario but he left and the new owner won't give me his number. Does anyone know him? I won't let some guy unfamiliar with the Rocket pull the head or do any major work. Has anyone had this problem,? Bike has just under 16000 miles on it. It still runs great and no check engine light comes on.

Where is the smoke coming from and what is the routing you have on your crank case breather (under the seat)?

The smoke comes out the exhaust pipes. I didn't see a crankcase breather when I removed the air cleaner or any signs of oil. Can valve guide seals be replaced without pulling the head? There was a dimple on the bottom of the air cleaner housing that the filter surrounds, it had some debris in it. Is it a little valve of some sort. Its a 2015 model.

Well, my DR says smoking is bad for my health, but I keep smoking anyhow. Could just be from being a bit over full. If it ain't running bad, I wouldn't worry about it, unless it starts using oil, meaning you have to add oil. Any oily residue in the tail pipes? A 2015 should not need valve stem seals yet.;)

news flash stop using the 2cycle oil in the gas:sneaky:
i think that u r the first for burning oil:(
i would find that vent filter and make sure it is ok an that the hose is not plugged or kinked.
what oil do u use?

Was it a long stretch between when you parked it and when you started it then this started, or does it always do this even when ridden regularly?

PS: Stem seals can be done with head in place, but, I wouldn't trust just anyone to do it. You need to rope the piston, move it to TDC. Remove cams, Remove keepers, retainers, spring, remove seals, replace seals, reassemble.

Look at the back of the valves, you'll know if it's leaking by the amount of crud there.

White smoke = steam . Have you checked the compression and leak down ?
No I haven't. I am afraid its a valve guide. It has less than 16000 miles on it. It dosent look like its from water but I will check.
Was it a long stretch between when you parked it and when you started it then this started, or does it always do this even when ridden regularly?

PS: Stem seals can be done with head in place, but, I wouldn't trust just anyone to do it. You need to rope the piston, move it to TDC. Remove cams, Remove keepers, retainers, spring, remove seals, replace seals, reassemble.

Look at the back of the valves, you'll know if it's leaking by the amount of crud there.[/QUO

YES IT WAS A LONG STRETCH. NEVE SEEN IT BEFORE.

Back