Aregg

.020 Over
Ride
Collecting my Rocket 3 GT next week, also a Honda
Due to health issues I have not ridden the Rocket 3. It has under 1,200 miles and is garaged and connected to a battery tender, as all my other toys.

Tried to go for a ride today and it would not start. The lights come on but as I try to start it makes a noise (solenoid trying to engage) then everything goes off. Similar behavior as a very low battery.

However, checked the battery and it was almost 100% full and tests healthy. I even connected a jump lead to my car battery and exactly the same. The leads to the battery are tight, but in any case that could not be the issue as the jump leads should have eliminated that possibility.

Tried to post a video here but could not hopefully the link below will work:

What a bummer!...now i'm gonna be an arse and ask if the kill switch is in the right place and have you pulled the clutch....i'm now ducking for cover!

What a bummer!...now i'm gonna be an arse and ask if the kill switch is in the right place and have you pulled the clutch....i'm now ducking for cover!
LOL, Yes on the clutch. But where the hell is the kill switch if it is not what I would call the combination one that turns on the bike.

Was the battery connection the issue? I'm having the same thing.
Extremely common problem. Remove battery connections, clean off all the corrosion and liberally coat everything with di-electric grease, tighten then retighten. May need to be retightened after first ride. Keep a small wrench under the seat for retightening them occasionally.

Back