Rocket 3 GT power port to a Battery charger/tender?

Mine has one installed from the dealership. My Bonneville had two installed, one for each side of the bike.

Hello Folks, it's a pleasure to be here!

I have one (maybe newbie's) question: can we use the port on the left of the windscreen's base to connect a battery charger/tender for storage of the Bike or should we go straight to the battery itself with the usual Industry standard 2-pole SAE connector?

If that connector is live all the time, I assume that's also fuse protected and maybe with a SAE to 12v DIN plug cable we can connect the battery charger when needed and without having a "pigtail" hanging around connected to the battery...

thanks for the advice
Not that one. But you can install the Auxilary Power Socket on the left side of the bike (part number A9820089) - primarily intended for heated clothing and good for 20 amps, and charge through that. Triumph will sell you the appropriate charger lead (part number A9930600) and a matching Triumph version of an Optimate charger (part number A9938825).

Not that one. But you can install the Auxilary Power Socket on the left side of the bike (part number A9820089) - primarily intended for heated clothing and good for 20 amps, and charge through that. Triumph will sell you the appropriate charger lead (part number A9930600) and a matching Triumph version of an Optimate charger (part number A9938825).
I bought this one to connect to my battery tender:

Cllena DIN Hella Powerlet Plug to SAE Adapter Connector for BMW Motorcycle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RPTZNP...abc_FFPP4KVSVW72RY5K9PK3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also, believe the front DIN port, the accessory auxiliary power socket, and the USB port under the seat are all on the same 20amp fuse from what I could tell.

1619698310943.png

There is a slight typo on the official diagram, the top 'Front Accessory Socket Live' is actually the optional socket under the airbox.

I just use on of these battery chargers, hope it’s the right one 😱

Attachments

• 48F590D3-BF6A-4B3E-9D17-EC2EDCAF8633.jpeg
    48F590D3-BF6A-4B3E-9D17-EC2EDCAF8633.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 10
  • 9A343D1B-FE24-4585-A0AA-6DF8CB1EBFA8.jpeg
    9A343D1B-FE24-4585-A0AA-6DF8CB1EBFA8.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 11
If your plug is running of a relay , disconnect and run that wire directly to the battery if it doesn't lead to something else . Just a thought after warranty is over of course . And you don't let the dealer know !!! Opps I hadn't seen Mr.Pix's diagram . Can't seem to erase this . Sorry !!

Back