Rocket 3 GT power port to a Battery charger/tender?

Oh yeah, I that was my plan B, but as long as the Triumph web site only has a picture of the accessory and the dealer doesn't have it in stock, I don't know which type of connector has or if comes with some wiring or installation instructions, you know? (only says 12v output...)

does the bike comes prepared to accept that socket or it's necessary to drill or make room or something to install it? does the accessory comes with the required hardware?

The charger has the appropriate connector plug for that socket or is necessary to shop around for one too?

any idea about this is greatly welcomed!

thanks for all your help!

My GT came with a tender cable installed, attached directly to battery and coiled under seat.
yeah... the infamous "pigtail"... BTW, does it get pinched by the seat when you connect it to the charger or there's enough clearance for the cable?

As I said, mine is in storage at the dealer with the battery removed but next season I will have it at home and I'm setting up the stage for that.

I was hoping that being a modern and state of the art bike, our friends of Triumph would have taken into account the fact that every bike eventually needs to be connected to a tender and using a $8 cheap cable, removing the seat, etc, should be a thing of the past, you know?

But old habits apparently die hard, LOL!!

thanks!

yeah... the infamous "pigtail"... BTW, does it get pinched by the seat when you connect it to the charger or there's enough clearance for the cable?

As I said, mine is in storage at the dealer with the battery removed but next season I will have it at home and I'm setting up the stage for that.

I was hoping that being a modern and state of the art bike, our friends of Triumph would have taken into account the fact that every bike eventually needs to be connected to a tender and using a $8 cheap cable, removing the seat, etc, should be a thing of the past, you know?

thanks!
Why would Triumph include an $8 cable as standard, when they know they can charge everyone $30 for the same thing as an accessory option!!

thanks!
Well, I live in Florida and can ride year-round, so I removed the cable as it always stays charged from riding <not gloating>

Same here in AZ. For many years riding in FL I had the tender connected even though I rode every weekend. Then clue bird pooped on me, hey, why mess with connect, disconnect! So what if battery won't last quite as long! Not worth it. Soooo nice ditching that procedure.

Oh yeah, I that was my plan B, but as long as the Triumph web site only has a picture of the accessory and the dealer doesn't have it in stock, I don't know which type of connector has or if comes with some wiring or installation instructions, you know? (only says 12v output...)

does the bike comes prepared to accept that socket or it's necessary to drill or make room or something to install it? does the accessory comes with the required hardware?

The charger has the appropriate connector plug for that socket or is necessary to shop around for one too?

any idea about this is greatly welcomed!

thanks for all your help!
fits right on to the 2 holes that are there for it!

Instructions here: https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9820089-EN.pdf

It's the same socket (known as Hella or DIN) as is in front of the instruments, but is not switched with the ignition so can be used for trickle charging.

I use the Triumph equivalent to this part attached to my Optimate 3 battery tender:

1608049515432.png

Last edited:
fits right on to the 2 holes that are there for it!

Instructions here: https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9820089-EN.pdf

It's the same socket (known as Hella or DIN) as is in front of the instruments, but is not switched with the ignition so can be used for trickle charging.

I use the Triumph equivalent to this part attached to my Optimate 3 battery tender:
thanks a million MxPix, this is the way to go for me!

thanks a million MxPix, this is the way to go for me!
BTW... it's a shame and a very cheap thing from Triumph to make owners of one of their most expensive products pay 30-40 bucks for a connector that for them maybe it´s a $2 part that would take 15 seconds to install during assembly and that would make a nice touch once that the socket in front doesn't works for charging.... just my opinion...

Back