Installed USA style cig lighter power port on 2020 R.

RhinoOK

Rocket 3R in my garge
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3R
I installed a USA style cigarette lighter power port on my 2020 Rocket 3R in the location for the Triumph DIN socket. Was able to remove the left panel and find the blue tape holding the OEM connector for the DIN socket. I cut the connector and soldered in terminal leads for the cig lighter I found on Amazon (2 for $10). There is no room for cig adaptor with the install ring. I was thinking about shaving down the 2 hole bracket but didn't want to modify the bike like that. Simplest solution was to tap in the adaptor under the bracket and it is in there quite solid with no modification to the bracket.

powerport2.jpg

ciglighteradapt.jpg

where is this socket, i cant find it :(
1645545254860.jpeg

Picture taken in a dim garage and the socket is black but I am pointing to it. Socket itself I bought on amazon. The only thing you should find is a small bracket with 2 holes. Remove the oil cap and remove the several screws to the black left side cover, remove the cover. Look for some blue tape holding some wires together. Carefully cut the tape without cutting any wires and you will see a lead with a 2 pin plug. I removed the plug and soldered on 2 female flat leads (see pic of socket above) using heat shrink tape to insulate the connections to the leads. Now gently tap the socket under the 2 hole bracket intended for an optional DIN socket.

Back