Ride Around Texas May 1 - 4, 2017

Probably the ultra...its the only one I own that I can sleep on. Pull over at a rest stop, pull the back rest, tour pack becomes a pillow and the lower fairing a foot rest. Beats renting a hotel room or sleeping on the ground for a few hours rest. Done it more times than I can count

Tis good to not be so huge! :roll:
Done various sex thingies a bunch, but never could sleep on a motor. :(
When is your Alaska Butt Ride?

An aux tank on the Rocket will most likely require a pumped version as the main gas tank sits up so high. Fitting a gravity feed system is going to be a challenge.

IMHO, you should be getting around 160 miles per tank at the elevated speeds. Not bad for an SS1000.

I've done a bunch of IBA rides on the Rocket but since I'm serious about doing the 2019 Iron Butt Rally I bought a Trophy as it is about as perfect of an LD Rally bike as you can get.

Dragger, I do get 150 consistently and have gas in the tank.

For me these rides are a Triumph Group thing. The challenge these days it to keep up and hang out with ya'all and be able to go fast in the straights :cool:.

Sears does sell non-alcohol gas in a safety can which might be a good thing to carry if pushing the envelope and got caught running on fumes.

Now,,,, if I found an st1100 with heli bars, cheap, in good condition...trade if for the valkie hum?

Dragger, I do get 150 consistently and have gas in the tank.

For me these rides are a Triumph Group thing. The challenge these days it to keep up and hang out with ya'all and be able to go fast in the straights :cool:.

Sears does sell non-alcohol gas in a safety can which might be a good thing to carry if pushing the envelope and got caught running on fumes.

Now,,,, if I found an st1100 with heli bars, cheap, in good condition...trade if for the valkie hum?

While your looking around at ST1100's, if you see some Heli bars for sale I am looking for a set for my future son in law so he can do longer rides.

Back