Replacement driver pegs

Rocketbikr

.020 Over
Has any Rocketeer out there found a Kuryakyn foot peg adapter that will properly fit a Rocket III? They don't list one for our bike on their website, and I am presently waiting on an e-mail reply from them regarding this issue. Also, have any of you found any other brand of driver pegs (not floorboards) that will fasten directly to our OEM mounts? Any help on this matter is appreciated. :?:

Kuryakyn should soon be coming out with adaptors specific for the Rocket III. Until they do these will work with some modification.............

for front (click here) they will need to be machined down a bit to allow the return spring to function. I used these with Kury Sitchblades before I went to Triumph footboards.

for rear (click here) these work you just need to add a washer to take up a little slop then they are fine. I have them on my Kury' paasenger boards

TurboFan said:
Ogre those look really nice. They feel solid enough? Same ground clearance?

Are we askin' 'bout the front or rear?

REAR:

They fold up out of way or can leave in fin position. Ground clearance not a problem. Once you are happy with the position, put them together with J B weld so they won't loosen or slip.

FRONT:

I still have the switchblades with the modified adaptors, if someone wants to try them. I switched to Triumph footboards. The switchblades gave about the same clearance as original pegs, but if you scraped when in closed position they would open up on their own--which was not really a problem. They act as mini floorboards and reposition your feet back when opened. see below......

Holy Cow, I had no idea what I was looking at. Very cool and excellent pics. I have looked at the RAASK rear sets but nothing else in detail. I had never seen the 'switch blades' before. I can see where those would be very nice on a long ride and fold up for a twistie. I like that. Thanks for the pics.

Update on Kuryakyn driver peg adapters

Unfortunately, Kuryakyn responded that they are not working-on such an adapter for the Rocket and have no plans to do so. As some other Rocketeers have done, I decided to modify a set of adapters they do produce and have them rechromed. After careful measuring and much comparison to other Kuryakyn adapters, I chose the ones for the 1800 Goldwing. The local hardware store had the necessary undersized chrome bolts, washers and nylon-insert locknuts, plus the black nyon sleeves to cut and drill-out to allow the smaller bolts to perfectly fit the larger holes in the OEM peg bracket that is welded to the lower 1" chrome bar. A disk grinder easily rounded-off the squared, lower back corner of the 1800 adapter to allow full up/down movement of the peg for cornering saftey. The OEM spring fit the 1800 adapter exactly without modification. Finally, a trip to the local chroming shop and waa-laa, a custom-fit adapter for using any Kuryakyn driver peg. A pricey piece but worth it to me.

I have the rivco foot boards though they have more clearence than the stock pegs they still touch down without too much trouble good quality finish...

rightrivco.jpg

rightrivco1.jpg

leftrivco.jpg

leftrivco1.jpg

Shoe's shoe must be small. I sat on one the other day and my 13s are just too big for heel-toe shifter. Also not enough clearance between board and shifter.

Kuryakyn list the 8840 for Triumph on their site. I used the 8803 but had to drill the hole out so the Triumph pin would fit. Could not use the spring but you dont need it. Put on the Skull Kuryakyn pegs. Sorry for the small picture.

928Rocket_Accessories_002-thumb.jpg

Back