Removing baffles from stock exhaust

so will the TORS increase the sound of the performance? maybe between a TORS and a K&N a little more performance, but for the most part, the R3 has plenty of performance for me

Don't waste any money on a K&N under seat filter. You get no benefit over the OEM paper filter.

I picked up a complete exhaust with all of the stainless heat shields/covers , a full set of all 3 like new TORS and the Triumph stock cat bypass pipe for my '06 Classic from some gal in Florida on ebay for around $450.00 US, and now the bike runs and sounds much better. Took it to the Tacoma Triumph dealer and got the computer tuned for $30.00 US.

Now it sounds a lot like a very fast expensive foreign sports car I will never be able to afford...lol

For those of you that have the old 3 pipe exhaust, if you can, I highly recommend replacing the cat box. Besides being kinda heavy, it does restrict the flow and the noice.

I just bought a 07 classic router with the 3 pipe exhaust. Wondering if you could point me on the direction you went. Wanted Jardine but they are few and far between and pricey when found

ramair is waaay too technie for me, i'm not a wrench turner, i'm a simple drop it in and it works kind of guy

I did this last week...trust...we’ll actually trust our friends here who encouraged me...it was easy with a couple of tip ie washers and longer two bolts to refit bear claw. Honest...you can do it and you’ll know it was done with loving care!

I have an 08 Rocket Touring with a set of TORS mounted. I haven't removed them to look through them, but from shining a light up the exit side they appear to be straight through, with what appears to be a perforated tube through the length. I am not certain if there is fiberglass packing in them or not.

I've been thinking I can just use a whole saw that is a touch bigger than the perforated tube, but I'm not really certain.

Has anyone 'fixed' a set of R3T TORS that could give some advice?

I hate experimenting on expensive bits.

PS - is there anything in the resonator/collector box thing that I can cut out??

Thanks!
Tors are strait pipes. Mine are hollow

I have a 2013 R3R, which I removed both baffles from. I was asked to post how I did it.

Here is how I went about removing the 2 baffles and it was rather easy.

1) Using a 2-1/4" bi-metal hole saw bit, you drill out the rear baffle. It will pull right out when you get through.
2)Using a 2" bi-metal hole saw bit, you will drill out the internal or second baffle. This one take a little more time, but isn't too bad.
3) Once you are through the second baffle, it will be held back by a welded flange. Using a chisel and hammer break through the flange and fold over the individual bends. Once you create enough space you can pull out the second baffle.

Now you are just left with the catalytic converter, which I haven't figured out how to remove yet.

I am open to any suggestions. I am about ready to start drilling into it with a long bit.

Sincerely, Brandon
In doing this, didn't you loose some of the back pressure thus some of the torque?

I have a 2013 R3R, which I removed both baffles from. I was asked to post how I did it.

1) Using a 2-1/4" bi-metal hole saw bit, you drill out the rear baffle. It will pull right out when you get through.
2)Using a 2" bi-metal hole saw bit, you will drill out the internal or second baffle. This one take a little more time, but isn't too bad.
3) Once you are through the second baffle, it will be held back by a welded flange. Using a chisel and hammer break through the flange and fold over the individual bends. Once you create enough space you can pull out the second baffle.

Now you are just left with the catalytic converter, which I haven't figured out how to remove yet.

I am open to any suggestions. I am about ready to start drilling into it with a long bit.

Sincerely, Brandon
I have a 2005 R3 with the three pipe setup and removed the baffles by hammer and chisel; also chopped off 9 and half inches, just last week i put turn down exhaust ends on and in order to slide them in some way i also used the dremel in order to remove some wire mesh which surrounds the inside if the exhaust pipes; I'll show some pics when i'm finished, i will also readjust my throttle bodies and make sure everything is breathing and firing proper W/tune ecu! "Be Safe"

Sincerely, Brandon
video?

Back