Relay Harness, Ignition bypass for Headlights

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
I just post this elsewhere but thought it might be good to put separately in its own Thread and by the way I do not feel that Triumphs bandaid solution to this issue really solves it, I am sure there may be some that disagree but time will tell when guys start complaining of the Hi-Low beam switch starts playing up as that is where Triumph has diverted the power load for the headlights too.
enough of my rambling here is the post I put elsewhere-

Just for those that want o make their own headlight relay kit it is dead easy, If you have ever wired up a driving light to a car using the original headlight wiring to switch the relay then you are half way there except you do it with two relay, one for low beam and one for high beam, I have in the past made them for a few of the guys here in Auss and the more recent one even colour coded the wires to ease the process.

Another tip to those wanting to make their own relay harness, use heat shrink and sweat some solder onto the ends of your wires before crimping any fittings and don't be afraid to use a some Dielectric Grease on All Connectors including any others under the tank while you are there, a lot f Rocket electrical issues I have come across have been due to bad connectivity due to corrosion in plugs.

Hope this helps some of you out there
My offer is still open to any one that wants one it just the cost of parts and postage which s usually about $50 I DO NOT charge for my time and am happy to do it as I realise not every one has the gear or know how.

I have made them for a 1 or two guys overseas (and happy to again) but the postage works out similar to eastern beaver, I use the larger more easily obtained Narva relays as the ones that EB use while compact can be a pain in the Ass to get out the back of who know's where, which is most likely where you will be if a relay fails I also use heavier than necessary gauge wire to give the best electrical power flow which will give the brightest possible lights.

What a generous bloke. Do you have any diagrams, drawings, parts lists and pictures for the do it your selfers on the forum ?

Thank You, Bill.

I'll get the narva part #'s, lengths of wire and amp capacities needed and draw up a diagram if that helps

All I'll say is they are bigger than what RKYNMYPKT carries!

Can you just say FAT BULL :eek:

Mickey-Finger.jpg

Back