redesign on exhaust in progress

What are you doing different this time around? What most imporantly what did you learn the first time. I am quite impressed.

First one:

Last edited:
hey p9, on this exhaust i got input from burn's stainless. they are here in costa mesa and design and build custom headers for race cars, boats etc. they have a computer program where you give them all the engine specs and where you want your power and they generate design. according to them the optimum is 41 inches long, 3 into 1, seperate 1 1/2 " pipes till collector and put collector as far down stream as possible. so keeping looks in mind this is what i did. the collector i got from them is a work of art. i'll post some pics of the inside of it also. should have it done today then i'll try different colors for the system, chrome, stainless, black.. and make a belly pan from the rear chrome frame cover to cover up the mount bracket and the now more exposed empty starter area under bike.

Interesting. Probably more science and proven technology behind it than most of the other aftermarket systems. I like the temporary rear hanger on the new set up too.:D

Wow!!! Great job. That collector does look good.

Feel free to use our photo album here for stuff like that... its soooo easy to use.

Great post, I love it!!!!

lots of experimenting with the supertrapp.. honestly i have no idea how you could do silencers on this bike without have them adjustable.. ie back pressure. to give you an idea how much this bike is affected by exhaust..
1) this header is way cooler. i've run jars, my 1st exhaust and the stock w/o the shields and it's center of the sun have to wear a knee pad on calf area to stand it.
this set up i have now logged over 100 miles on and honestly have not felt discomfort yet. must run 50-75 degrees cooler. with ceramic inside and out you will probably be able to touch the header.
2) the deffuser circles/plates at the end of a supertrapp are removable or you can add more.. comes with 12.. rode home and dropped that down to 3... went 1/2 a block and came back.. felt like a vespa.. went to 12 and it's how long do you want to carry the wheelieand getting some 2nd gear lift off. went to 15 and it's i'm riding a very fast goldwing.. no "hard" accleration just very fast and smooth. these plates are only about a 1/16 thick. you would have to spend days on a dyno trying different maps then screwing with supertrapp to reach this bikes potential..
i'll screw with it some more but then it's time to go do some wheelies and save those dimes for the tts.
oh and this thing sounds ssooooo good. just loud enough but nowhere near the resonance of the jars.
personally i hated the jars.
this thursday if some of the jars guys are at the meet i'll try to do a sound recording so you can hear the difference.

I was going to ask if you are going to coat or wrap them. Ceramic inside and out would be the way to go. Are you going to be able to reattach the stock shields or go without? I never have messed with a supertrap. I guess adding and removing the discs change the back pressure? I really like the length out of and turn back from the exhaust ports, good lines that go good with the bike.

And bring on the sound clips.

hey p9, i'll be ceramic inside and on the outside a ceramic they call chromex.. looks just like chrome.. absolutely no need for heat shields.
i'll be shortening the muffer by about 2 inches next week and will make a cover for the large to small to large junction of the collector to muffler.

Back