Received this from Tampa dealer and link to Daily Herald ( UK)

20180518_150233.jpg
Thunder lizards.

Unfortunately, theydon't make those anymore, either. :(

Unfortunately, theydon't make those anymore, either. :(
And THAT WAS N°1 on my list when I decided I wanted a bike for long distance 2-up work. But the boss refused.

She also refused to entertain a "Two Wheeled Car" - aka Wing, which was a relief because that's what I thought she'd push for. The Rocket tbh only got past her as it was on offer and was really a bit of a bargain. I did entertain the idea of a Pan-European for 20minutes or so.

Riding it was - well - visionary. Very confidence inspiring. Felt very solid cranked over.
But I have to confess I quickly realised that it had everything - so I was going to get bored with it.
And after 15 minutes the "buzz" of the electric screen buttons wore off too.

Mind you a BIG NAIL in the Victory coffin, here and then, was the main dealer for Madrid.
A right cunch of bunts: they were also the main dealers for Triumph and Guzzi. "Were" is an important word here.
One of the worst there - sorry but it so - was an American - who made the stupid mistake of trying to outsmart me. Twice!.

I almost bought one too, my Triumph dealer carried them, all my Harley buddies thought it ugly, I thought it was the coolest looking bike I ever saw.

Chris,
I truly hope you do not really believe commuters on motors are the "real bike riders"???
In fact, most commuters on motors are doing so to save money & time; similar in fashion to the car tire aficionados.
The true bikers are those who choose to spend their personal leisure time astride a motor riding through and sensing our great countryside!
Never saved a dime riding all the time. Between maintenance and tires the cars i have owned (which has been very few) fair a lot better. So there goes your gas mileage and saving money on a bike. Have a 2013 Fiat Abarth which has only 45,000 miles on it. Bought it new. Have a 2015 Rocket X (bought new in Oct 2015) it has 43,000 miles on it. The numbers say it all. I ride and enjoy. A lot of times the best part of my day is while I am riding. Even if it is just back and forth to work. Never considered myself as a BIKER. Prefer the term (MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIAST) The Rocket don't make a very good pourch puppy anyhow. ;);););););););)

If you get excited by the thought of riding tomorrow your a biker. If you ride for reasons other than pleasure I’m not so sure. We enjoy our “toys” more than our transportation. This is my opinion only, your money and time is for you to enjoy.

Never saved a dime riding all the time. Between maintenance and tires the cars i have owned (which has been very few) fair a lot better. So there goes your gas mileage and saving money on a bike. Have a 2013 Fiat Abarth which has only 45,000 miles on it. Bought it new. Have a 2015 Rocket X (bought new in Oct 2015) it has 43,000 miles on it. The numbers say it all. I ride and enjoy. A lot of times the best part of my day is while I am riding. Even if it is just back and forth to work. Never considered myself as a BIKER. Prefer the term (MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIAST) The Rocket don't make a very good pourch puppy anyhow. ;);););););););)

Agree, completely. ~40mpg Rocket when commuting, ~ 38mpg Daytona commuting, ~ ~33mpg Mini. Despite the MPG differences, the Mini needs vastly less maintenance and so wins the dollar per mile war.

Triumph who? Rocket what? In the Latin American arena marketing is near zero. There are two Rockets in Central America, just two, and probably only 5 in the rest of Latin America. Why? Nobody has ever heard of them because nobody has ever marketed them. This is a market of hundreds of millions, there are several million potential customers, yet everywhere a Rocket appears, which is rare, nobody has any idea what it is. Triumph simply do not market, period. They are simply idiots, the money sure is here.

Interestingly the local Facebook page for Triumph has just 250 followers and no mention anywhere of the Rocket. There is no chance of them ever selling one with marketing like that.

Back