Received this from Tampa dealer and link to Daily Herald ( UK)

Bondysbike

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket Roadster
47CCB85D-D867-462C-AFB1-53194DCF8DE7.jpeg 5D389A54-C9D9-47EB-9813-D4EE4D0FE195.png So much for every ‘ informed source’...looks like a complete brand repositioning or refocus on what Triumph wants to be known for. Cruisers isn’t one of them....looks like we’ve all suddenly become owners of an iconic classic....just hope I don’t wreak it or have it stolen again...it’s irreplaceable now....

Clip from UK Daily Herald.

47CCB85D-D867-462C-AFB1-53194DCF8DE7.jpeg 5D389A54-C9D9-47EB-9813-D4EE4D0FE195.png So much for every ‘ informed source’...looks like a complete brand repositioning or refocus on what Triumph wants to be known for. Cruisers isn’t one of them....looks like we’ve all suddenly become owners of an iconic classic....just hope I don’t wreak it or have it stolen again...it’s irreplaceable now....

Clip from UK Daily Herald.
Well ***te, yep owners of iconic classics

Triumph has to survive. I do not know what their sales stat's are like - obviously.

What I do know is that a little French marque (Mash) selling made in China "Retro classics" is doing a bike a day, in one shop, in Madrid City alone. https://www.heros66.com/

My mate is taking over the "service" side of the business for all Spain - he too has to survive.

Most buyers are young - and have no idea (or real interest) in "how" they actually work. It is PURE life-style. Urban based.
Laugh! - but it served Harley for decades. This is the future - Triumph either embraces it or dies off. Again see Harley.
And as city centres are progressively closed off to cars - would you prefer; a scooter or a cafe racer?

I predict that most large cities in Europe and elsewhere will be partially (in zones) closed to non-electric (if not all private) traffic within 2-3 years.
Madrid will do so in one "zone" - experimentally - in November this year. So far bikes seem to be "sort of" exempted.
I seem to recall it has already happened elsewhere - In Germany (Stuttgart?) I think. And I am sure I read something related for London (Nothing over 10 years old?)

I do not know what residential demographics are around the world but in Spain is VERY POLARIZED. Over 10% of all Spain lives in two cities. And they are compact high rise cities.

Last edited:
These look like they have the same Chinese made Honda derived singles in 250 and 400cc like many of the Indian brands as well. Far too small for me
Near bulletproof motor. Ideal for ****ty roads - the did quite an interesting full specc'd "adventure bike" but it was only Euro-3. Sadly nobody told me there were two for sale locally at trade prices in December - or I'd have had one I think.

No way to get it registered now. :banghead:
mash-adventure-400cc.jpg

Last edited:
I like my big strong bike. If Euro Urbanites want little scooters they can have them I just hope Triumph does not forget the rural riders that still appreciate a performance motorcycle.

Unfortunately it seems they have. The 2019 model release will be our true answer but I personally am not expecting another Rocket. Triumph dropped the marketing ball so to speak here in the US. They could/should have sold tons. Now the bean counters will all concur that we make little or no money on this line...drop it like a hot potatoe.

Unfortunately it seems they have. The 2019 model release will be our true answer but I personally am not expecting another Rocket. Triumph dropped the marketing ball so to speak here in the US. They could/should have sold tons. Now the bean counters will all concur that we make little or no money on this line...drop it like a hot potatoe.

I think all the manufacturers have dropped the marketing ball. It's why sales are declining rapidly. I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial for any of the motorcycle manufacturers... including the marketing machines Honda and HD

Back