Recall NHTSA NO 07V-455 Rec'd today 18th of NOV 07

From what Sightglass was saying they will probably balance TB's and calibrate TPS sensor voltage. I'll let them do that with the Triumph tool. But if they insist on loading a new tune I will do the same.

After that recall tune, my Rocket doesn't stall (never did before either) Now it idles at 3,500 rpm:mad:

Then why have it done at all?

If all they were doing is the tune, I wouldn't. I'll let them take a look at/adjust the stepper motor and anything else they want under the recall. Why not take the free adjustments? It's only 5 minutes for me to put the tune back the way it was or with a modified version of the current tune (20227).

It will probably be spring before I get it to them. Most likely I'll forget about it by then anyway!

Took my rocket in to the dealer on Nov. 14 because my stepper motor had quit working, not really a problem but wanted to have it checked out. I've had the 386 tune for about 2 months, installed w/cam chain replacement, with no problems. They also adjusted the TPS at this time also. So the mechanic hooks up the magic wand to the bike and works the stepper, just needs adjustment. He's looking at some differernt things on the hand held and notices that the #3 throttle body is out of sync. It only takes an hour to align, most of that time is taking everything apart and putting it back. Then he says that they got a new tune in last week and he would load it on. I asked what was different from the 386 and all he knew was that it addressed the idle situation more. The bike has been great so far, no problems what so ever. When the bike is started the rpms go up to about 1800 for a few seconds and come right back down to idle, like its suppost to. The idle has never been steadier.

I asked my Dealer about the recall when I got the letter. He said that if you are not having the idle problem don't do the fix. Besides, they did mine back in May/June and haven't had a problem since. But, I don't know if this is the same fix. :eek:

Good info since I also recently received the letter. Seems the consensus is don't get the new tune if you aren't having the problem. Any disagreements from the learned Rocketeers?

Back