Recall for 2020 Rocket 3 Rear Brake

Anybody knows what the new procedure is?
I just had it done. Service advisor said that now they bleed it 4 or 5 times. I may have reversed the order but he said first they do it manual, then with the machine then manual then the machine and I think one more time with the machine. He said it takes 45 min to complete.
I did it Friday, brakes were back to normal. Even the front brake are back to normal. They were becoming less effective. We’ll see how long it lasts.
Anybody knows what the new procedure is?
I had it done this past Friday, service advisor said the procedure involved doing the bleed 4 (or 5 times, I already forgot), first with the machine, then manually, then machine, then manually, and I think then machine again. He said it takes 45 min. I waited and got the bike back within 1 hour. Brake feels great, but only rode it twice that day.
Before the bleed, even the front brake was feeling weaker (maybe because the linked rear brake part was nonexistent), but after the bleed it felt back to how it was when I first got it.
I hope it lasts. We'll see.

Last edited:
I just had it done. Service advisor said that now they bleed it 4 or 5 times. I may have reversed the order but he said first they do it manual, then with the machine then manual then the machine and I think one more time with the machine. He said it takes 45 min to complete.
I did it Friday, brakes were back to normal. Even the front brake are back to normal. They were becoming less effective. We’ll see how long it lasts.

I had it done this past Friday, service advisor said the procedure involved doing the bleed 4 (or 5 times, I already forgot), first with the machine, then manually, then machine, then manually, and I think then machine again. He said it takes 45 min. I waited and got the bike back within 1 hour. Brake feels great, but only rode it twice that day.
Before the bleed, even the front brake was feeling weaker (maybe because the lined rear brake part was nonexistent), but after the bleed it felt back to how it was when I first got it.
I hope it lasts. We'll see.
Did he mention functioning the ABS modulator?

Nope.
I asked again what if this fails for the 3rd time, he said then we'd put a request to replace the master cylinder.
Thanks, did he specify what hooking it to the machine did? I'm trying to visualize if that is the TriumphTalk computer or something like a vacuum pump to excavate the system. Seems like a master cylinder problem would be consistent instead of intermittent.

Thanks, did he specify what hooking it to the machine did? I'm trying to visualize if that is the TriumphTalk computer or something like a vacuum pump to excavate the system. Seems like a master cylinder problem would be consistent instead of intermittent.

I am going to guess
U must get all the air out of the abs unit or it will keep pushing it into the wheel cylinder and you have to keep going back to dealer.
To my understanding the dealer uses their scanner to work the valves in the mc/module to get the air out

I thought it was a machine or pump that pushed the air out of the lines or guided the bleed process, (which is supposedly the way they did the previous bleeds, excuse my ignorance, but I didn't ask.

I thought it was a machine or pump that pushed the air out of the lines or guided the bleed process, (which is supposedly the way they did the previous bleeds, excuse my ignorance, but I didn't ask.

Thanks for sharing the info. Triumph seems pretty tight lipped about it. I'll check to see what procedure my lawn mower shop is using now.

I had my brakes done and it made a world of difference. They downloaded the newest software and pulsed the ABS modulator while bleeding them. The techs told me lots of air was coming out and it really surprised them how much air was trapped in it. Anyway, I hope this takes care of it once and for all.

I had my brakes done and it made a world of difference. They downloaded the newest software and pulsed the ABS modulator while bleeding them. The techs told me lots of air was coming out and it really surprised them how much air was trapped in it. Anyway, I hope this takes care of it once and for all.
My brakes have worked for longest duration since purchasing the bike in early 2020.... afraid to say they're fixed, but they appear to be still working!

I had the Triumph Tech service the recall last year, it was good till until I winter storage it in my garage last year. In April my rear brake was totally flat, so I decided to purchase the Dealer Tool and rebleed the rear. The amount of bubbles that was coming out when the ABS module when it was activated was unbelievable!!! unfortunately I haven't gone riding yet since it has been raining since the weekend. But the rear brake is nice and firm, hopefully I get it out in next few days.

Back