Rear brake gone.

can you identify the part?

CJoL7YS.png
Sorry but they didn't show me the part/parts replaced, just pointed under the fuel tank and said "abs"

Several reasons have been identified from what I can see. None seem to be definitive though.
1. Air in the system from not being bled properly to start with.
2. Wrong type of brake fluid.
3. Brake lines too close to the exhaust thereby heating up the brake fluid.
4. ABS module poor design.
5. Bad batch of ABS modules.
6. Incorrect bleeding procedure.
7. Use of hill start causing a blip between the front and rear brake systems.
This rear brake issue is a disgrace. I have had mine bled by the dealer 5 X. Triumph recognise the issue and have replaced some of the componentry on some bikes to fix the issue. Not mine unfortunately. After the 4th bleed I was told by the dealer principal that if the brakes failed again then they would replace the modulator. They 'welched' on that promise the next time it occurred, stating that the latest bleeding technique resolved the issue. I havent had the issue since, but that last service was only 500kms ago and it seems that the issue recurs about every 2500kms on my machine. It is very frustrating and I am surprised that a reptitive failure of a key safety component hasnt attracted the attention of the authorities somewhere in the World. Perhaps they are waiting on a fatality!

Looks like a regular complaint. Checked mine to see if it was in the recall group. Nothing there. Its been back to the dealership twice now. 8 hours of my life that I wont get back.
Seems none of the dealers know how to do the rear brake bleed. My GT needs to be bled every riding season.. When the bike sits during the off season
the pedal goes all the way to the bottom, but stays OK as long as i ride it often.

some people saying on FB group that triumph has come up with new part number for rear brake hose and that seems to fix the issue. I asked those people who got the new hose but they either dont know the hose part number or never replied.

I just got mine back from Quaker City Motorsports in Philadelphia. Allegedly, the recall was preformed at the dealership in NY that I bought it from. However, the pedal went all the way down over the winter, so I told the shop at QSMS to just do the brake service/recall and I'd pay for it. The mechanic assured me that if the recall is done right, it solves the problem. They wound up not charging me, and so far so good.

I just got mine back from Quaker City Motorsports in Philadelphia. Allegedly, the recall was preformed at the dealership in NY that I bought it from. However, the pedal went all the way down over the winter, so I told the shop at QSMS to just do the brake service/recall and I'd pay for it. The mechanic assured me that if the recall is done right, it solves the problem. They wound up not charging me, and so far so good.
where is this shop again? is it triumph official dealer shop who fixed your issue?

I wonder how many are related to enabling hill assist. Just curious if those of you with a problem have that on.

Several reasons have been identified from what I can see. None seem to be definitive though.
1. Air in the system from not being bled properly to start with.
2. Wrong type of brake fluid.
3. Brake lines too close to the exhaust thereby heating up the brake fluid.
4. ABS module poor design.
5. Bad batch of ABS modules.
6. Incorrect bleeding procedure.
7. Use of hill start causing a blip between the front and rear brake systems.

Back