Ready to upgrade....need help.

Standard Roadster dyno's at 125hp - i have 165hp

Just seems high to me, but given brand and calibration differences in dynamometers, I reckon so. :thumbsup:
I would like to have your extra 15 horsies! :p

My first dyno on a stock engine with a Staintune exhaust with crossover was 126hp. I removed the secondary butterflies and put on triple pods and it was 137hp. With a tune with Tuneboy 142hp. I got rid of the Staintunes and put on a full Reband system and it was 157hp untuned. Told it would have been low 160hp with a tune. Changed pistons, cams and a tune, 200+

Just one more thing he spent a hell of alot more for his V Rod to begin with that you spent for your Rocket. Ask him after you blow his doors off if he thinks all the extra money he spent for that Harley name was worth it. Al

Wow! I got more information in one day here than a week of searching all over the net. Many thanks to everyone here!! I'm outside of Austin, Tx. I have not seen a single rocket anywhere else. There's been rumors of 1 or 2 others, but I have not seen them. I love pulling up to the biker bars and parking next to all the harleys. :p

Save your money and keep him guessing. Just tell him you have nothing to prove and that Rockets don't need sqillions spent to put ANY Harley to shame. Tell him his bike is pretty though. Will drive him nuts.

Just one more thing he spent a hell of alot more for his V Rod to begin with that you spent for your Rocket. Ask him after you blow his doors off if he thinks all the extra money he spent for that Harley name was worth it. Al

In 2004, it seemed like the V-Rod would cost more but that turned out not to be true. I considered getting a V-Rod several times but the ergonomics weren't right. I'd like to see an 1800 cc Revolution engine in a softail.

$165 and your first three gears will become unrestricted from the factory-set timing retardation... http://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/atre/

This is, by far, the cheapest and easiest way to achieve your stated goal, IMO. Of course it could be utterly useless, other than as a digital gear indicator, should you opt for adding more power at a later date.;)

10-15 hp. Louder sound would be nice. Under 1k for the moment...
you'll hardly notice that on a rocket save and fit a complete system like CES OR REBAND filters and tune 40 - 45 hp gain and better fuel economy too ,and these pipes are from oz but our dollar is low compared to US right now

Let's simplify this. Get the TORs from 1olbull. I know Steve would sell them at a reasonable price and ship them to you. Buy the $20 cable to use TuneECU. Download TuneECU. Install revised tune R3R_slip (2) via TuneECU. Make a few adjustments while you are in there. Raise max speed limit. Turn on cooling fan at 98 degrees. Discover the extra punch your Rocket has. Grin even bigger than you do now. Whoop up on the VRod. Your done.

Back