Ready to upgrade....need help.

bthorn

.020 Over
Ride
2012 rocket 3 roadster
I've been riding my 2012 Roadster for a little under a year. I've really enjoyed all it has to offer but I think I'm ready for a bit more on the performance side. I've searched the various threads and have seen some options but I don't know if they are worthwhile investments. Sooooooo, I'd really like some opinions on which routes I can go with my model and what I can expect out of them.

I am not up on all the Roadster stuff but I believe your fell in the years where the lower gears were restricted by timing. so some TORS, better air intake and a Little software tweaking and your beast will have a noticeable improvement. That's probably the best your going to do for under a grand. Good pipes header and all would run you 1500 to 1800 or so. Heck even the shorties on the NewR3 site are 1399.00 which is not a bad looking pipe but your still stuck with the tractor header. Since it is a Roadster I am not sure if the 3-2 D&D cans would work or not but they are cheap priced at 549.00 or about the price of TORS give or take a little.

You can buy TOR's online:

http://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/exhaust/id-A9608077/Accessory_Mufflers

for $550, or through a dealer.

Or you could get a custom exhaust like Carpenter for $1500. Then you have to tune it. Ca-ching.

If your vin is up to 574812, your tune is highly restricted in terms of power. You can remedy that for a $20 cable and free software. If you spend the $550 on the TOR's, you'll get louder + more power and then you can unrestrict it with the $20 cable and free software.

Just remember that any mod that adds significant power requires re-tuning and you need to consider how you are going to accomplish that.

Back