Ready to upgrade....need help.

Reason I ask is because my favorite customer at work has challenged me to a 1/4 race. I can't lose. He's got a Harley vrod with lots of aftermarket stuff. It sounds awesome.

You can buy TOR's online:
http://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/exhaust/id-A9608077/Accessory_Mufflers
for $550, or through a dealer.
Or you could get a custom exhaust like Carpenter for $1500. Then you have to tune it. Ca-ching.
If your vin is up to 574812, your tune is highly restricted in terms of power. You can remedy that for a $20 cable and free software. If you spend the $550 on the TOR's, you'll get louder + more power and then you can unrestrict it with the $20 cable and free software.
Just remember that any mod that adds significant power requires re-tuning and you need to consider how you are going to accomplish that.

Some great instructional dope!
:thumbsup:

Reason I ask is because my favorite customer at work has challenged me to a 1/4 race. I can't lose. He's got a Harley vrod with lots of aftermarket stuff. It sounds awesome.
Do you want to spend as much as he did just to beat him?

The easiest mods for under $1000 is to install TORS, install triple k&n filters on the throttle bodies, and then load Wayne Tripp's TuneEcu tune for that setup. You will kick butt.

If you do not have any luck send the V-Rod my way as my beast is hungry and they taste like peanut butter :D
Of course tell him I am not into pink slips when the bike is a Harley, cash will be good enough :D

Don't know what this V-Rod has done, but I have eaten the peanut butter outta several with my stock Roadster.
By stock, I do mean the engine, as I did have Trip K&Ns, TORs and a HansO tune at that time.
I haven't had opportunity to run one since the CES & dyno improvements.
@bthorn
You don't say from whense you hail.
I have a set of Roadster TORs in my garage . . .

Reckon save a bit longer and get yourself a new exhaust system (headers and muffler/s) be worth the wait. 160BHP with improved intake , decent exhaust and a good tune. V-Rod ain't going anywhere and you do want to make sure you kick his ass hey.

Back