Wow if you go fast enough the hot air is not a issue. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Beside that kind of like my As% being warmed up. Especially at my age. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Agreed, when I’m on the highway (most of the riding I do) it’s fine... it’s the bits where I’m stuck at lights in summer that is less enjoyable or when moving slowly

My two cents...I never noticed a heat issue with the seat. Way cooler than my Harley ever was. If anything, I would think it would be hotter because the stock air intake is drawing fresh air through the port opening built into and under the the seat. I haven’t noticed any difference in heat or intake noise with the Ramair.

I second the point that one of the main reasons to install the ramair is to be able to get at the throttle bodies, throttle cables and bleeding screw for refreshing your antifreeze. Just way too much crap under the seat with the air intake system. This summer I’ll be working on a better way to deal with the crankcase breather rather than that little filter.

The heat is caused by the lean tune Triumph put in the bike to pass emissions standards. Retuning the bike with a proper AFR will greatly reduce or eliminate the heat you are feeling. When you install the RamAir and the freer flowing pipes the AFR will lean out even more. Creating even more heat. Retuning is REQUIRED at this point.

My two cents...I never noticed a heat issue with the seat. Way cooler than my Harley ever was. If anything, I would think it would be hotter because the stock air intake is drawing fresh air through the port opening built into and under the the seat. I haven’t noticed any difference in heat or intake noise with the Ramair.

I second the point that one of the main reasons to install the ramair is to be able to get at the throttle bodies, throttle cables and bleeding screw for refreshing your antifreeze. Just way too much crap under the seat with the air intake system. This summer I’ll be working on a better way to deal with the crankcase breather rather than that little filter.

So are you saying you can’t feel heat radiating through? Cause when I get off after slow riding locally my riding pants feel hot to my hand?

You have riding Pants? Ramair and the proper exhaust system with a good tune no problem. Still kind of interested in these riding pants. Kind of guess they ain't made by wrangler are they?

So are you saying you can’t feel heat radiating through? Cause when I get off after slow riding locally my riding pants feel hot to my hand?

How much heat you feel is kind of a subjective thing depending on the rider. There will always be some heat...most if which will be from the headers when stopped or riding slow on a hot day. My Harley seat would really get hot from engine heat. Everything from your butt crack to your butt cheeks would wet from sweat. :rolleyes::mad: This made your riding in the saddle very fatiguing. I have not notice that kind of heat from the Rocket. The most heat I have noticed was stopped or really slowed on the highway for an extended period of time on a hot day. Heat from the headers was noticeable but it never seems to creep into the seat pan. You certainly are going to notice it more in leathers. I bought a couple of pairs of kevlar lined Jean's to wear...they are heavy and very hot compared to standard denim jeans. Again, heat is all relative to the perception of the rider. Sometimes you read riding issues certain bikes, but it doesn't always materialize with you own experience.

i have a Roadster and noticed an increase in underseat temps after installing Ramair.

I got some relief by removing the intake from the seat, allowing more air circulation under the seat.

Back