Coolant System Hose Routing

VoltaicVoltaire

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket iii
Hey all,

I have a unique problem. I bought a 2010 Touring with a bad engine. The P.O. had started taking stuff off of it then decided it was too much for him and one of the things he had removed was the radiator and reservoir tank. I have pulled the engine, replaced the crank, and a rod. (spun bearing) I got her back together now and I am nearly ready to fill it with coolant. I managed to get the radiator in place and I think the reservoir is mounted to the right place but I don't know where all the little hoses go. I hoped someone could look at theirs and let me know, the service manual is no help and neither are the parts diagrams. I didn't see anything on this site that would help me but maybe I am not using the right search terms.

To aid in getting answers I will number which things I am confused about. All I am asking about is the smaller aprox. 3/8" hoses.

1) Top of radiator just under cap -Left side (to me this would be the overflow but I am an old car guy mainly)
2) Bottom of radiator opposite side of the cap (Right)
3) Top of Reservoir
4) Bottom of Reservoir
5) Small metal pipe just below where the upper radiator hose enters engine. (Not positive this is coolant but based on placing I am guessing it is. If it is however I seem to have an odd number of connections. Possibly I am missing a 'T' or something?)

If someone can tell #3 goes to #1 or something like that it would be most helpful. I tried to guess based on the length of the hoses but I don't want to jack this thing up at this point. Even if you don't know where all of them go any help would be appreciated.

I really appreciate you fine bunch of nice folks, so THANK YOU in advance!!!!

on my bike 07 classic (non touring)
the one at the radiator cap goes to the tank.
the 3/8 hose on bottom of rad goes to the tube just below the thermostat
there is an air bleed just above the thermostat (must be bleed)

u might go to introduce yourself and tell us about your soon to be bike.
ps we like pictures

Cool, very helpful. When you say it goes to the tank does it go to the top or bottom of the tank?

I will write up an intro, I don’t have pics of the bike as I bought her in pieces and she still isnt dressed. I will try to include some pics of the crank though, it was really roached.

From top of rad tank to bottom of coolant reserve tank then a hose from the top of coolant tank to (vent)exhaust down at the back of motor lower bottom.
so it can spray on your rear tire :roll:
don't over fill.

While you're at it I highly recommend this easy mod to allow you to see your coolant level...

What is this?? I might have pulled it or maybe it was previous owner who started the tear down. I tried to mark and take photos but I do not know where these go.

Attachments

• 1B94B5A3-741F-4077-AC61-8C1AB6162165.jpeg
    1B94B5A3-741F-4077-AC61-8C1AB6162165.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 0A495DA8-4E44-428A-B9EC-08171C653320.jpeg
    0A495DA8-4E44-428A-B9EC-08171C653320.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 19
  • EEF51D21-46C5-4B01-8EBD-ACF2876C4EDC.jpeg
    EEF51D21-46C5-4B01-8EBD-ACF2876C4EDC.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 18
The top pic is the air inlet temperature sensor originally it plugged into the plastic air duct near the front top. If they remove the duct then it needs to go somewhere in the fresh air near the modded air filters if u have them
2nd pic looks like it is the crank sensor
Goes in the bottom rea of motor toward the right side (u can see the hole with mirrow the wires feed up the rear of motor (tight fit) connects about 2/3 up motor just inside frame. It should have a spring clip which u push in when connecting. The harness should be there.
Hth

Back