Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
Greetings all,

Have a 2018 touring.

quick question for those who have installed a RAMAIR system. does it decrease the heat under the seat?

I'm considering installing one and running with stock pipes until I purchase an exhaust, mainly if it will give me a reduction in heat under the seat as these hot Aussie sumemr days near the rocket can get a bit too toasty for my liking.

I understand I would lose a bit of torque but gain a bit of horsepower?

thanks!

Had mine on my Roadster for a few years now, can’t say I have noticed any change in the heat from the engine. I went ramair to save removing and replacing all induction piping every time I wanted to balancing the throttle bodies. But at the same time I did put in a new tune. A little more induction noise but it goes well.

Greetings all,

Have a 2018 touring.

quick question for those who have installed a RAMAIR system. does it decrease the heat under the seat?

I'm considering installing one and running with stock pipes until I purchase an exhaust, mainly if it will give me a reduction in heat under the seat as these hot Aussie sumemr days near the rocket can get a bit too toasty for my liking.

thanks!
Can’t say I’ve noticed heat under the seat? Might be your battery ready to explode? Plenty of heat on the right leg though

Can’t say I’ve noticed heat under the seat? Might be your battery ready to explode? Plenty of heat on the right leg though
I should also add, the heat comes up sharply when stopped in traffic an dissipates when moving at speed or the bike is switched off... interestingly whilst the headers are warm they don’t seem that bad....

When I first got my girl I had the dealers lead mechanic show me around the TuneECU software. While he was in there he lowered the temperature threshold for when the fan kicks on to help reduce the heat (living in Las Vegas that was important in the summer). Something you might consider looking into.
-MIG

Greetings all,

Have a 2018 touring.

thanks!

Me thinks there must be some numb bums out there - I definitely felt the heat before the Ramair, definitely feels “cooler” after! No idea why, but it does!

Back