FB_IMG_1555591419680.jpg
FB_IMG_1555591438013.jpg
FB_IMG_1555591419680.jpg
FB_IMG_1555591438013.jpg
20190418_143258.jpg
Brian, can you copy and upload the whole story off of fakebook so we can read it in its entirety. I would be very interested to know how old the filter is, where it was kept etc.. The foam in the pictures looks to have rotted some what. I have the Ram air and it's now 2 years old. No signs at all of its condition deteriorating like this, in fact it looks just the same as when it came out of the box! As you say, a concern none the less..

Never had a problem. Did replace the filter after about 40,000 miles. Had a rub mark on the side from the bearclaw not being installed properly. New filter installed and bearclaw in the right position have had no issues.

Thanks Brian. It's always good to have as much information as is available before making a decision on a product.

Brian, can you copy and upload the whole story off of fakebook so we can read it in its entirety. I would be very interested to know how old the filter is, where it was kept etc.. The foam in the pictures looks to have rotted some what. I have the Ram air and it's now 2 years old. No signs at all of its condition deteriorating like this, in fact it looks just the same as when it came out of the box! As you say, a concern none the less..
Me too - as I had the Prototype on for ages and at the insistence of RamAir was upgraded to a production version a good 3 years ago. That is rotted foam and I'll take a guess it was cleaned with something odd.

Hi , From what I recall
Hi , there is a lot of this Facebook post
Easier if look yourself - add the guys name and search posts , good luck
Regards

Looks fairly obvious that somebody has cleaned it with the wrong stuff like petrol, gas etc before re-oiling. I think it is supposed to be soap and water but I would check before doing it anyway.
As others have said the filter 'oil' used by RamAir is not the same as the 'Filter oil' used by K&N or Unifilter and is not an oil at all. Maybe use of 'Filter Oil' contributed but I have heard of others using K&N type filter oil on their RamAir but I would not.

Looks fairly obvious that somebody has cleaned it with the wrong stuff like petrol, gas etc before re-oiling. I think it is supposed to be soap and water but I would check before doing it anyway.
As others have said the filter 'oil' used by RamAir is not the same as the 'Filter oil' used by K&N or Unifilter and is not an oil at all. Maybe use of 'Filter Oil' contributed but I have heard of others using K&N type filter oil on their RamAir but I would not.

I checked mine today. About 2 years old. Looks new. Used a soft brush to get some surface dust and stuff off. Looking to get the RamAir cleaning kit. Better than cleaning it, replacing the foam might be a better deal. Sonny, where did you get the foam?

Back