I've posted questions on pipes and tune earlier. This is one for helping me decide which filter setup to order before my exhaust comes. I like the looks of the K&N with the cut bear claw and the thought that the engine will get cooler air compared to completely covered filters. However I've seen some of you mention getting a regular oily knee from the circulation past the filter bank. Don't need that lol. Also need to know best place to mount sensor with those. Only post I've seen shows it laying between and just behind the filters which seems like it would get a fair amount of hot air from off the engine. If the filter oil blowing onto the knee is a problem where I would want to leave the claw whole, I would probably go with the ramair and the pre-made sensor extension. While we're at it, I'll be running stock manifold with Paul's crossover and mufflers with one of these intakes. It's a 2010 Roadster. Got a tune link from Martin in the UK who has stock header with ramair and TORs so should be close. Just don't know how much better the flow on the Viking setup is compared to the TORs. If anyone has a similar setup to mine has a different tune to recommend, please let me know. The plan is to get a get it close with tuneecu so it's ridable, then later add a PCV and take it to a dyno to get a final trim. Look forward to your input.
Having had both, my vote is for the Ramair. Very well constructed and thought out kit. Plus, they flow really well and if you add headers later can easily support 160 odd horse. Maybe more!

Having had both, my vote is for the Ramair. Very well constructed and thought out kit. Plus, they flow really well and if you add headers later can easily support 160 odd horse. Maybe more!

Yeah...this is not an exact science...I’d have posted exactly the same but gone for K&Ns having had both. They just seem better quality to me.

Yeah...this is not an exact science...I’d have posted exactly the same but gone for K&Ns having had both. They just seem better quality to me.

Ps...as far as a complete kit goes well that’s easy EXCEPT...I did order the Ram air extension lead for the air temp sensor directly from Ram in the UK. Cost about 20 bucks inc pst and arrived in about a week.

I've posted questions on pipes and tune earlier. This is one for helping me decide which filter setup to order before my exhaust comes. I like the looks of the K&N with the cut bear claw and the thought that the engine will get cooler air compared to completely covered filters. However I've seen some of you mention getting a regular oily knee from the circulation past the filter bank. Don't need that lol. Also need to know best place to mount sensor with those. Only post I've seen shows it laying between and just behind the filters which seems like it would get a fair amount of hot air from off the engine. If the filter oil blowing onto the knee is a problem where I would want to leave the claw whole, I would probably go with the ramair and the pre-made sensor extension. While we're at it, I'll be running stock manifold with Paul's crossover and mufflers with one of these intakes. It's a 2010 Roadster. Got a tune link from Martin in the UK who has stock header with ramair and TORs so should be close. Just don't know how much better the flow on the Viking setup is compared to the TORs. If anyone has a similar setup to mine has a different tune to recommend, please let me know. The plan is to get a get it close with tuneecu so it's ridable, then later add a PCV and take it to a dyno to get a final trim. Look forward to your input.
Rockets known to eat ramair

Ps...as far as a complete kit goes well that’s easy EXCEPT...I did order the Ram air extension lead for the air temp sensor directly from Ram in the UK. Cost about 20 bucks inc pst and arrived in about a week.
Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate it all.

Rockets known to eat ramair
Have not heard of this. Are there reports on this forum attesting to it. I have most of the Ramair kit except the foam filter which I gave to one of our members to use in experimentation. I haven't made a final decision on installation yet but definately am not ingesting foam into my engine

Have not heard of this. Are there reports on this forum attesting to it. I have most of the Ramair kit except the foam filter which I gave to one of our members to use in experimentation. I haven't made a final decision on installation yet but definately am not ingesting foam into my engine
Hi , Yes have seen account of this ramair being ingested -- on a Facebook rocket site - guy was touring in United States - bike actually sucked in part of the foam and jammed valve open -- had to be recovered - I believe he changed to K N - probably an isolated case but a concern
Regards

FB_IMG_1555591419680.jpg
FB_IMG_1555591438013.jpg
FB_IMG_1555591419680.jpg
FB_IMG_1555591438013.jpg
20190418_143258.jpg

Back