Rain suit opinions

Sidecar Flip

Living Legend
20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
Daddy has his bag (arrived this morning), however, I'm in need of a new rain suit. I know, it's not gonna rain for the Nashville trip right?? Wrong. It always rains when I go anywhere other than to work on the bike. For some reason, thunder clouds appear in my mirrors, always. Sometimes, I wonder if some distant relation is Mother Nature and I pissed her off.

I need some recommendations of rain suits. I have an old Dowco one piece that's pure hell to get into, especially now that I've expanded somewhat in the midsection. Besides, it's older than dirt and looks like it.

I sort of like the TourMaster Defender 2 piece with the Red jacket and black pants but opinions, positive and negative on all suits are welcome. They (rain suits) seem to run the gamut from reasonably priced to a Corbin like over the top.

I have a TourMaster two-piece.

I like this kind much better than the FroggToggs that I used to have.

I like that the TM jacket can unzip from the botton so that it doesn't ride up when zipped all of the way up... yes... it zips (unzips) in both directions..

I like that the TM pants have zippers from the ankles to the knee so getting your boots through the pant leg is fairly easy.

I didn't like the FroggToggs because they melt very easily and consequently make a heck of a mess. They also wear out quickly resulting in embarrassing leaks when the rain puddles between your legs.

Thanks for the heads up on the FroggToggs, RatBoy. I had read they were the dog in a bike rag but knowing the truth is so much better. Hey Flip, answering your own posts finally moved you up to a never seen before level, congrats.:D As for rainsuits, one that works will be the one you brought. I figured that out after dodging storms most of the day. My 20.00 JCWhitney special does an excellent job.

Back