Carbon fiber handguards - opinions please?

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
I just had an idea that I could use a pair of one of these mudguard extensions to make handguards like the Barkbuster Storm version. They are all about US$32 (AUD$45) each so 2 for US$64 (AUD$90) delivered. Heaps of different ones to choose from, width, length, style and inner edge type varies and some could suit a clamping system better than others - opinions please?

bluebird_engineering | eBay

bluebird_engineering | eBay

The Storm version for the stock Rocket 1" bars has a horizontal brace and fixes at one end only. As I have Thunderbike T-bars in 1.5" the switchgear and throttle grip uses ALL of the 1" bar end to use as a mounting area. Therefore for an inside grip fixing I would need 1.5" clamps - others may need 1.25" or 1" depending on bars. I have a few different clamp options to use.

Arlen Ness Harley Davidson 1 1/2" Clutch Cable Clamp Chrome Billet Alloy got a pair for $25
upload_2017-6-4_23-34-30.png

Motorcycle Bike Turn Signal Aluminum Bracket Fork Mounting Clamp Tube 38MM in black or chrome
Price: AU $12.38 pair
Postage: FREE Economy delivery from outside AU
upload_2017-6-4_23-57-16.png

upload_2017-6-5_0-20-5.png

Got a pair of the the black fiberglass version for a Sprint ST 1050 for $27 so a bit smaller.
Last winterI had a wide screen on. This winter may try with an XL flyscreen.

Back