Plow Horse

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster (Edsel)
Factory setting the fan comes on at 103C. Can someone tell me at what temp does the fan turn off.
I am noticing somethings that I am finding a bit puzzling.
Dealership installed a digital temp gauge on Edsel last week to help monitor the demons that possesses him.
I have the fan temp set to come on at 96C and the new gauge shows the fan coming on at 195-198F a 7 degree diff ECU to gauage. Ok
But there have been a couple times when I seen it running (the fan) at 175F. This seems like a low temp

No, no I am not. Just fess up if you know the information I am after. 🤣
Well in humans, if you take temperature via Mouth it is different to same person, same time via Armpit, or Tongue, but best core temperature can be obtained via Anus! All you have to do now is find your bike's arsehole to calibrate! ;) 🤔:whitstling:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

i think they might be on to something :laugh: :laugh:
where the ecu gets its temp from and where the digital temp gauge gets its temp from can be very different.
u would not want the fan to come on below the area the range of thermo is working
for example if u have a 185 thermo and the fan set at 175 then the thermo would be be trying to heat and the fan trying to cool so would be battling each other.

Well in humans, if you take temperature via Mouth it is different to same person, same time via Armpit, or Tongue, but best core temperature can be obtained via Anus! All you have to do now is find your bike's arsehole to calibrate! ;) 🤔:whitstling:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Can you show me where that there arsehole might be? I’d like to put my foot in it.
Side stand switch took a ****e now.
I hate this bike, I hate bike, I hate this bike and as icing on the cake. The powers that be at Triumph, decided that the Cam cover and gasket need to be changed again. Apparently this decision came from the chaps in jolly old England.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Can you show me where that there arsehole might be? I’d like to put my foot in it.
Side stand switch took a ****e now.
I hate this bike, I hate bike, I hate this bike and as icing on the cake. The powers that be at Triumph, decided that the Cam cover and gasket need to be changed again. Apparently this decision came from the chaps in jolly old England.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Was that with the old style ridged rocker cover installed? :(

There might be a bit of deadband in the fan control. Fan might turn on at 195F but turn off at 175F. You probably caught it just before it shut off. I don't think the fan control is as sensitive to temp changes as the thermostat in your engine. Be curious to see what the thermostat holds the temp at on the highway at speed. As to the 7 degree diff between the ECU reading and the installed gauge.... is it really an issue. I'd get one of those heat guns and read the temp on the sending unit to see which one is closer to the truth and use that. So long as it doesn't boil over... should be good.

I am pretty sure the fan shut off is 5 degrees lower than the high switching point setting, well it is on my Roadster.

If you reset the hi point temp in TuneEcu the low switch point is automatically reset 5C less.

Back