So just to update all the Rocketeers who have or are presently looking for a different exhaust for our beasts, I will be coming up to RRA X with something new. What we have been doing is a cross-over with several muffler applications. 3.5" and 4" mufflers and now a version that maintains the front heat/chrome shields. And still working on getting Roadster version needing OEM parts. Ride when you can but always stay safe.
To the Rocketeers who were able to attend RAA X in Arkansas I want to up date you all. I was on my way up there when i wrecked the bike in the Temple area. We are in fact working on the exhaust systems for the Touring and the Roadster versions but I believe can be retrofitted to all the Rockets. Allowing the bikes to retain the OEM mufflers, use high performance mufflers or allow modification of the OEM to be more TOR. Having CA issues in right kidney so again we have been slowed down. Will get short clip of sound of bike with the set-ups. Not all are pretty on the bike but this for sound comparison. Which I was taking to RAA X. Thanks for Reading and for being patient.

Now i have pictures of the high performance exhaust which I wanted to show in RAA X. if you send me you cell number or text me at nine 5 six two eight nine 9 nine 0 six. I will text you the video. Have not been able to upload several sound clips OEM, modified and High Performance. Working on health but looking at getting dyno sheets for each exhaust system with Tripps tune. I realize torque and hp is what everyone looks at. Here are the picks of the exhaust this is after the accident please excuse any miss alignment of the pipes.

Attachments

• New exhaust sound 075.JPG
    New exhaust sound 075.JPG
    486.6 KB · Views: 17
  • New exhaust sound 074.JPG
    New exhaust sound 074.JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 17
  • New exhaust sound 076.JPG
    New exhaust sound 076.JPG
    385.7 KB · Views: 17
  • New exhaust sound 077.JPG
    New exhaust sound 077.JPG
    559.8 KB · Views: 17
OP update...

I've ordered the D&D slip ons. My plan is to install them without the baffles and see how the monster runs. If there is decel popping or it's too obnoxious (is that a thing?) I'll re-install the baffles. I'm theorizing, based on other posts and the D&D website, that it's easier to remove the D&D baffles while they are off the bike and easier to re-install when on the bike.... so I'm hoping (crossed fingers) that my plan will work out ok.

The first thing I did when I got the bike was install the Power-Tripp tune (which is awesome! ... four words; dead - stock - accidental - wheelie!) so I'm hoping that it will work well with D&D sans baffles.

I totally respect the guys that are pushing this bike to the max and adding full exhaust systems, custom intakes and tunes, but I'm totally satisfied with the output of this bike with basic mods. So, a tip of the hat to those that go above and beyond, but I'm good with crushing 95% of the market with 130+ ft lbs torque and 115+ rw hp..... That, and I just can't convince myself to part with $2k + USD for a Carpenter system... as awesome as it is.

More to follow.

So, now that my butt is comfortable and my wife is happy that she is not bouncing off the ass end every time we hit a bump....I want some more power. The power is fine when I am by myself, but put my wife on the back and hit it hard and I am not overly impressed.

Given all of your research, what are my options? How much do the best options cost and how much additional horsepower do they add? I am interested in bang for the buck type of analysis. I would sure like to get the R3T back up to the R2R power. Was there any good posts that you could guide me to?

Any help would be appreciated.

j

Back