R3 GT - without Sisi bar

Any reason for not fitting the small seat eliminator. I bought this with my bike back in Feb not realising I would also need to pay £199 EACH for the two metal infills to replace the gaps left by the cissy bar. Im going to bite the bullet eventually but just cant see the value in it at the moment

Screenshot 2020-09-24 22.51.46.png

That just blows my mind. I think I paid less to remove those covers and install a sissy bar. I haven't even gotten the bike back from the shop yet for the install but if I'm sold on the sissy bar then maybe I'll sell those aluminum strips.

That just blows my mind. I think I paid less to remove those covers and install a sissy bar. I haven't even gotten the bike back from the shop yet for the install but if I'm sold on the sissy bar then maybe I'll sell those aluminum strips.
Make sure they give you the strips back. Have heard of them not being given back and then ahem “lost”.

Make sure they give you the strips back. Have heard of them not being given back and then ahem “lost”.
My dealer has been nothing but awesome with me, I've already got the parts :). Just a quick example, I paid for the sissy bar, heated grips, and GT handlebars with the purchase of my R. The dealer quoted me 2 hours (per the triumph web page) to install the bars. I brought the bike in and waited all day (8 hours) and they still didn't finish. Although it sucked that I wasted my day, the dealer didn't change the labor charge -- kept it at 2 hours as previously agreed even though it took a LOT longer. Plus they had a guy drive me home and they will deliver the bike to my home via trailer when its finally finished.

My dealer has been nothing but awesome with me, I've already got the parts :). Just a quick example, I paid for the sissy bar, heated grips, and GT handlebars with the purchase of my R. The dealer quoted me 2 hours (per the triumph web page) to install the bars. I brought the bike in and waited all day (8 hours) and they still didn't finish. Although it sucked that I wasted my day, the dealer didn't change the labor charge -- kept it at 2 hours as previously agreed even though it took a LOT longer. Plus they had a guy drive me home and they will deliver the bike to my home via trailer when its finally finished.
Wow, took me about 2 hours to change from R bars to GT bars + heated grips myself and another 5 hours trying to bleed the clutch and the front brake (hydraulic hoses are replaced with longer ones). I gave up and I had the dealer pick the bike up and sort it, even they scratched their heads until the techs actually commited the cardinal sin and read the service manual... there are little bleed valves inside the master cylinders on the bars for both Clutch and Front brake.... once they bled those, all worked fine... I bet they are having the same issue.

They did it to me and I didn't realize it until I took off my sissy bar and rack. I thought they left the fender cowls on and went over them. I contacted them about it a year later when I took the sissy bar off and they said they would look for my black fender cowls. Surprise, they didn't find them. They have done this to a lot of people.

Back