Ruddy

.020 Over
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Just purchased my GT, however my pillion is not impressed with her seat. Went into local dealer today and the comfort pillion seat is only compatible with sport seat on the R. Has anyone found another larger more comfortable pillion seat. I have been in contact with Corbin but that is going to be a pricey option from past experience. TIA.
Ruddy

Just purchased my GT, however my pillion is not impressed with her seat. Went into local dealer today and the comfort pillion seat is only compatible with sport seat on the R. Has anyone found another larger more comfortable pillion seat. I have been in contact with Corbin but that is going to be a pricey option from past experience. TIA.
Ruddy
Makes no sense. Way to go Triumph. Defer to the pillion. Get the sport rider seat and the comfort pillion seat.

Makes no sense. Way to go Triumph. Defer to the pillion. Get the sport rider seat and the comfort pillion seat.
Unfortunately I would need to move my pegs back to mid mounts as with forward pegs the back of the sport seat presses against my coccyx. Your right it doesn’t make any sense. ☹️

Take the bike to an automotive upholsterer and tell him your problem. Get him to re-make the seat as required. If he's any good it will be indistinguishable from factory.

And probably cheaper than buying different factory seat??

I have seen both the R with the comfort pillion fitted and the GT stock pillion.... they are the same in plushness, width and height, but the fixing points and length differs to suit the difference between the R and the GT rider seat..... which is why they are not compatable with each other! Nobody is losing out and I hope that makes sense.

Having your OEM seat rebuilt as @ruzzle states may be your best option. I bet there is a local shop near you that can do it and will be happy for the work right now.

I don't have this particular bike but my Pretty Pillion wanted something softer for our long rides on the R3T. I got her an AirHawk. She keeps 1/2 to 3/4 filled and likes it a lot.

Having your OEM seat rebuilt as @ruzzle states may be your best option. I bet there is a local shop near you that can do it and will be happy for the work right now.

I don't have this particular bike but my Pretty Pillion wanted something softer for our long rides on the R3T. I got her an AirHawk. She keeps 1/2 to 3/4 filled and likes it a lot.
I have had an Airhawk rider pad in the past I think I might investigate that option also.

My wife hates being pillion on the GT. Worst bike I have had according to her. She is a petite 5ft so its not as if her legs are around her ears :oops::)
Two hours was enough to put her off going on the back again. Great result!
In fairness we were planning to get a touring bike anyway so I made sure I got my Rocket GT first.

Back