Russell Day Long Seat

msdunkel

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3R
She's finally here! I placed my order about 2 months ago and it arrived the day before Xmas. Unfortunately the seat is not waterproof and its been raining all day so no test ride, but it looks amazing and the initial sit was extremely comfortable for both me and my wife. Price was pretty close to what Corbin charges although with Corbin you get an entirely new seat while Russell Day Long requires you send in the stock seat to be modified. I did their sport seat in the front so as to minimize increasing the overall height of the seat and I did the day-long for my wife in the back. My biggest complaint with the stock seat was the passenger pillion dug right into the meat above my tailbone, that issue has been addressed 100%. Anyway, here are a couple pics from inside my garage in crappy light and confined conditions.

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 233
  • seat2.jpg
    seat2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 228
She's finally here! I placed my order about 2 months ago and it arrived the day before Xmas. Unfortunately the seat is not waterproof and its been raining all day so no test ride, but it looks amazing and the initial sit was extremely comfortable for both me and my wife. Price was pretty close to what Corbin charges although with Corbin you get an entirely new seat while Russell Day Long requires you send in the stock seat to be modified. I did their sport seat in the front so as to minimize increasing the overall height of the seat and I did the day-long for my wife in the back. My biggest complaint with the stock seat was the passenger pillion dug right into the meat above my tailbone, that issue has been addressed 100%. Anyway, here are a couple pics from inside my garage in crappy light and confined conditions.
The Cadillac of seats. Looks like it provides a back rest.

Now that looks lounger comfy... :thumbsup: I didn't realize being "not waterproof" was an option on any motorcycle seat. Is there a plan to apply something to make it so?
-MIG

Now that looks lounger comfy... :thumbsup: I didn't realize being "not waterproof" was an option on any motorcycle seat. Is there a plan to apply something to make it so?
-MIG
Very Nice seat for long rides !

As I am living in a rainy area, I always have seat without extra stiches ....

I've had that for many years and they are very nice, toughest part is when they wanted to know the wife's weight and hip size and when I asked the wife she just gave me one of those looks. Happy trails.

-MIG
Due to the stitching water can seep inside the seat. The manufacturer sells a rain cover but the bike is a toy and not my primary transportation so I never intentionally ride it in the rain.

The seat has a pretty wide pan which will nicely distribute our weight over a larger surface area with the downside being a chunkier look than the stock seat had. Since the stock seat was so uncomfortable on anything other than a very short in-town ride this is a good trade-off for me. Nobody can see the seat while I'm sitting on it anyway :).

Nice. Man, don't know how big your butts are but that should cover them!

What pack is that on the sissy bar? It looks like it was made for it. I have the pannier bags, but adding a pack like that, without having to add the rear rack, could come in handy for longer trips.

What pack is that on the sissy bar? It looks like it was made for it. I have the pannier bags, but adding a pack like that, without having to add the rear rack, could come in handy for longer trips.

T-bag, but I've got the rear rack installed. I don't think it would stay on very well without the support underneath.

Back