When I ordered mine, I was taken with the Korosi Red paint on the R, so went with that. I actually like the R bars, so wouldn't change them. But I have the GT screen, heated grips, and backrest. Also added round sport mirrors, BT module, quick shift (must-have, trust me), rim tape and union jack tank protectors. Will go carbon heat shields, heel guards, rad surround, intake plenum and front fork side pieces to finish it. Would be my take on a 221 edition scheme... ;)
Snapseed1.jpg

I had a great experience on my recent purchase, Harrison Eurosport’s in Sandy UT. Just a ride down the loneliest road in America!

When I ordered mine, I was taken with the Korosi Red paint on the R, so went with that. I actually like the R bars, so wouldn't change them. But I have the GT screen, heated grips, and backrest. Also added round sport mirrors, BT module, quick shift (must-have, trust me), rim tape and union jack tank protectors. Will go carbon heat shields, heel guards, rad surround, intake plenum and front fork side pieces to finish it. Would be my take on a 221 edition scheme... ;)
Snapseed1.jpg
That is a Great looking GT!

Im torn between them, I want the GT bars with the R mid mount pegs. What is more cost effective? Putting GT bars on the R or mid mount pegs on the GT? Dont know if changing the bars would requior longer cables and wires.
I came from sport bikes in my younger days and I wanted something to be a bit more like that. If I want a relaxed feel I will take my GTLE out with the wife on the back. I wanted a hot rod!

Looks like I will be looking for a GT and a mid mount kit.
I came from a 2016 Roadster with my feet under me to a 2020 Gt which has the feet forward position... I was thinking i would get the mid controls but decided i would give the forward controls a try first. I found that after a few rides i actually liked them!. With the wider seat the GT has and the heated grips...the flyscreen and the passenger backrest too...it had more to offer than the 'R' model. Of course you can get all this fitted to the 'R' but it comes a stock on the GT. My advise, fwiw, is to get the GT and see how you like the fit.

I came from a 2016 Roadster with my feet under me to a 2020 Gt which has the feet forward position... I was thinking i would get the mid controls but decided i would give the forward controls a try first. I found that after a few rides i actually liked them!. With the wider seat the GT has and the heated grips...the flyscreen and the passenger backrest too...it had more to offer than the 'R' model. Of course you can get all this fitted to the 'R' but it comes a stock on the GT. My advise, fwiw, is to get the GT and see how you like the fit.
It is also worth noting that when we say it all "comes with the GT" we acknowledge that you pay more for the GT to get those extras. Like AUD$1,000 extra here. When you add heated grips, screen, backrest and seat to a base black R, you pay about $220 more than the base black GT that has them already. It's probably also less and less important to quote numbers, as they seem to keep going up every other month!

It is also worth noting that when we say it all "comes with the GT" we acknowledge that you pay more for the GT to get those extras. Like AUD$1,000 extra here. When you add heated grips, screen, backrest and seat to a base black R, you pay about $220 more than the base black GT that has them already. It's probably also less and less important to quote numbers, as they seem to keep going up every other month!
When i bought my GT, there was a going to be a very long wait for it to arrive...i knew this.... there was a black R model on the shop floor. I was tempted to buy the R and the add what i wanted but there was also a very long wait for parts.....so i bit the bullet and ordered the GT...It fair melted my heart when i unpacked it on arrival i can tell you!

Im torn between them, I want the GT bars with the R mid mount pegs. What is more cost effective? Putting GT bars on the R or mid mount pegs on the GT? Dont know if changing the bars would requior longer cables and wires.
The GT gives you the windscreen, more laid back bars, plusher seating, heated grips, and the backrest as well. I'm 6' and have the pegs in the back position, which is fairly close to the mid-position of the R model. Sit on/ride both and see what you think.

Back