Whylee

.060 Over
Ride
Harley Roadking
Im torn between them, I want the GT bars with the R mid mount pegs. What is more cost effective? Putting GT bars on the R or mid mount pegs on the GT? Dont know if changing the bars would requior longer cables and wires.

See, thats the stuff I need to know, my local dealer is not helpful at all. I need to do a roadtrip to good dealership.

The GT bar kit comes with the necessary cables. The mid controls kit for the GT puts the controls where they are on the R, much further back than any adjustment you can get from the GT forward controls.

I was in the same predicament as you, thinking the GT with mid-controls would be more comfortable. I bought the GT with the intent of putting on the mid-controls, but I found it comfortable for long rides. Granted the longest ride I took on it was about 250 miles. Needless to say, I kept it stock. I do have the Triumph bag that sits on the back seat that I can rest my back lightly on.

Here it is. The other thing I did, I took a #3 golf driver cover, filled it with foam and created a 'lumbar support' addition to the pillion bag. it makes the back support a little cushier.

Attachments

• Rocket3GT_2.jpg
    Rocket3GT_2.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 50
Back