Quick TuneECU Question

Gkiller

Supercharged
I've read conflicting advice on this matter, so can someone clarify for me? Here are the details:
2006 Rocket 3 Classic
TORS
CAT Delete
NO intake mod

Currently have TuneECU installed (map 20219 w/secondaries open to 100% and O2 Optimizer installed), and PCIII-USB (map 510-003).

Here's the question...should I have the PCIII running a ZERO Map right now until I get it dyno'd, or is it OK to have both the TuneEcu and PCIII running the specified maps concurrently?

Some have said the PCIII should have ZERO map installed, others have said tht the PC map is fine as long as the TuneEcu map is the correct map for my setup?

Can someone confirm which is correct, as I do not want to create a problem whereas one program is in conflict with the other. Thanks.

It is fine to have the map loaded. It will probably get you closer than just the stock map. When you dyno it will correct the map anyway. Did you copy the I3 ignition map into I2 and I1 also? You also may want to bump up the speed limiter.

It is fine to have the map loaded. It will probably get you closer than just the stock map. When you dyno it will correct the map anyway. Did you copy the I3 ignition map into I2 and I1 also? You also may want to bump up the speed limiter.

Yes...copied over I3 to I2 and I1. However, in looking at the 20219 map...I1,2,3 were all the same to begin with. What would you recommend raising the speed limiter to? Also, I did not make any "speed adjustment" corrections, as someone else said it would correct the speedo but alter the odometer, so I just left it alone.

I assumed running both the PC map and the TuneEcu map would be fine, as the PC piggybacks the ECU and would supersede the ECU A/F mixture anyway. As usual...thanks for the help and any additional advice would be appreciated. Still considering the Triple K/N's...just cannot decide whether to do it or not.

Raise the speed limiter to 300 mph. This won't affect the odometer.

I1, I2, and I3 are the same in 20219 and if you compare I3 in 20219 to I3 in the base map for stock map for standard mufflers with filled cat box (20215), 20219 is different. I think 20219 is more advanced - the numbers are smaller - at high TP and high RPM and at low TP and mid RPM. The F fuel tables are the same, so your PCIII trim map should work.

Raise the speed limiter to 300 mph. This won't affect the odometer.

I1, I2, and I3 are the same in 20219 and if you compare I3 in 20219 to I3 in the base map for stock map for standard mufflers with filled cat box (20215), 20219 is different. I think 20219 is more advanced - the numbers are smaller - at high TP and high RPM and at low TP and mid RPM. The F fuel tables are the same, so your PCIII trim map should work.

Thanks Doug...great info. What exactly does raising the speed limiter do (since it is currently set at 193 mph and I never intend on really going that fast;))? Also, I think you confused my statement about adjusting the speedo (speed adjustment?) and it's effect on the odometer with the speed limiter? My understanding is that the "speed adjustment" is the inherent Triumph Rocket speedometer problem/correction and that adjusting this +/- 6% (as has been recommended) will negatively impact the odometer?

Sorry for all of the questions...but this stuff is really interesting...:D

The 193 speed limiter is in kph not mph witch is about 120mph so you might want to bump it up. I just set mine to max, who needs a limiter:D

Adjusting (increasing by 6%) the speedometer to the correct value increases (I think) the odometer by the same percentage. I'd rather have an accurate speedometer.

Back