Questions from a newbie without a manual

Berber

.040 Over
Ride
R3 Roadster
A few questions guys from a man without a manual (its on order from the dealership)

What are TORS (I have to assume they are replacement exhausts for the Rocket)

How do you remove the rear seat (don’t yet have a manual and cant see anyway to remove it)

Would a one piece, two seater fit my current set up of a single seat and small separate second seat

Any problems with bleeding the brakes yourself given I have seen the odd comment on here mentioning ABS and bleeding issues.

A few questions guys from a man without a manual (its on order from the dealership)

What are TORS (I have to assume they are replacement exhausts for the Rocket)

How do you remove the rear seat (don’t yet have a manual and cant see anyway to remove it)

Would a one piece, two seater fit my current set up of a single seat and small separate second seat

Any problems with bleeding the brakes yourself given I have seen the odd comment on here mentioning ABS and bleeding issues.

TORS = Triumph Off Road System

Remove seat by using ignition key to unlock the seat on right side of the bike there will be a lock top of the shock height

Not too sure about twin seat I think they are interchangeable but not 100% I’m sure a more knowledgeable member will fill you in

Hey Berber,
On a Classic, you need to insert your ignition key in the right side cover just in front of the right rear shock and turn counter clockwise while pulling a tab ring just underneath the left side of the seat. It is close to the seat strap. Pull it out away from the bike. You will feel the seat release from the rear and it will pop up. raise the seat from the rear and pull away from the gas tank. The tab ring is plastic and may be a little tedious to find the first time and big hands don't help. I am not sure if your seat is exactly the same or not being a 2 piece. Seems like the single seat may not have the pull tab at all and the rear seat is attached to the mud guard with hardware.
TORS is an acronym referring to Triumph Off Road Silencers.
I am sure that someone a lot smarter than I am will come along and give you some tips on the ABS brakes.
seat removal.JPG

Push down on the center of the seat before turning the key. On the dual touring style seat tjere is a plate that resembles the one on your little seat except it has a latch spike for the secomd rear pull ring fiscribed above. Let me get my coffee and il take a picture of it as I brought one with me for @Bearpaw to try.

Ok if needef I can take a picture of it mounted on my bike if you need.
But you will see this resembles what is attatched to your little pillon seat except you can see the latch spike.
20171122_065340.jpg

When running the dual seats for the rocket not the (R3T) this plate stays bolted to the bike.

O so I just realize the picture fox view posted above is my bike and my hand :) Thought the shocks looked familiar.
So hear a shot with the mounting plat bolted to the bike although by now you will have noticed it looks and mounts like your rear pillion seat does

dual seat mount.jpg

Yellow circles same mount bolts as yours. red circle the latch spike.

picture of seat underside below yellow circles the latch mounts red circle the pull cord for the rear latch release

Dual Seat latches.jpg

Also do a search for any post made by @idk.
Summoned just in case he is around. He has the older manual in his signature. It has a lot of useful information. @1olbull can supply you with the roadster speciffic abs stuff via e-mail.

Most times its easier to print the speviffic pages and toss them when your done with the work.

Also do a search for any post made by @idk.
Summoned just in case he is around. He has the older manual in his signature. It has a lot of useful information. @1olbull can supply you with the roadster speciffic abs stuff via e-mail.

Most times its easier to print the speviffic pages and toss them when your done with the work.

But it's so much more fun to print all ten thousand pages, and use up three containers of toner!

Push down on the center of the seat before turning the key. On the dual touring style seat tjere is a plate that resembles the one on your little seat except it has a latch spike for the secomd rear pull ring fiscribed above. Let me get my coffee and il take a picture of it as I brought one with me for @Bearpaw to try.
Brought one where for me to try ?

Back