Questions from a newbie without a manual

Basically Triumph uses the term ( Triumph off road silencers) to cover their selves from lawsuits for breaking clean air standards when the TORS are the sed

Gday Simon, I am also very confused with the acronim "TORS", your answer was "Triumph off road system" im afraid that doesnt clear it up for me. As a fellow Australian my understanding of the term "off road" was that it was a scrambler or ATV, 4x4 or dirt bike, so I fail to see the connection to the rocket, surely no one is suggesting that the R3 is a dirt bike!!!!!
This and other uses of acronims is very annoying especially when you have to ask what they represent, as it makes the person asking the question feel like a real ****. I know its not your fault it just seems they (acronims) are being used more and more nowdays, and I ask WHY are we in such a hurry in life that we cant pronounce, write, speak properly anymore?????? OMG, LOL, ROFL:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Haha nah I get you. It’s abit misleading.
As @Fingers stated they are trying to cover themselves legally.
Because the TORs are too loud for most countries to legally ride them on public roads they can’t endorse them but on the flip side they obviously saw a market for louder stock pipes so to cash in without get lawsuits about clients getting sprung with defect stickers and them turning around saying well these are Triumph pipes why wouLd they sell them to me. They call them “off rode systems” so basically put them on your bike at your own risk
I hope that wasn’t more confusing

Because the TORs are too loud for most countries to legally ride them on public roads they can’t endorse them but on the flip side they obviously saw a market for louder stock pipes so to cash in without get lawsuits about clients getting sprung with defect stickers and them turning around saying well these are Triumph pipes why wouLd they sell them to me. They call them “off rode systems” so basically put them on your bike at your own risk

No that makes the mud a lot clearer thanks.

TORS triumph off road system
the sticker on the tors says to be used on a closed track.
to me that means on a race track (off road) not on the street.

I do not think the slight noise increase is the reason.
The altered OEM exhaust and emissions are the requisite for the mitigating legal mumbo-jumbo . . . JMHO! :roll:

So for the back seat there is a tab at the rear of the seat which you pull?
my 07 with the triumph gel seat you need the key like they say AND you need to pull the d ring (for lack of a better explanation) left side (for the ones in the world that are not upside down)just under the seat thats barely sticking out about half way back

The TORS are as stated above but not for road use as they DO NOT have Catalytic Converters in them.

@1olbull oh really? That’s how It was explained to me at the Triumph dealer but that’s not saying much

@Mittzy ive got tors on my 2010 Roadster with the catalytic converters in the cross over
Sorry Simon you are wrong the Cats in the Roadsters are in the mufflers NOT the crossover peice, yes there is a chanber which is empty.

Back