slidderhd

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 R3T
I am running TORs with the download, stock air filter.

OK, I have been running the standard 87 Octane Gas with the 10% Ethanol. Best I get is 197 miles and she says "0" miles left to go.

Yesterday, I tried the 100% no Ethanol Gas. WOW!!! What a difference. Ran a tank out and got 224 miles out of her. Same driving style.

Ethanol bites!!!!:D

Amazing! I'm not sure what the content of Ethanol is here in So Ca, but I know it's in our fuel. If you got better mileage with pure gasoline, I would expect that was due to the gasoline making more HP.

Yeah, I noticed that several years ago when they started using a food source to make us "energy independent" and "more environmentally safe" BS. I went from 21 mpg down to 17 mpg on my 4 Runner. Food costs on corn based food stuffs have gone up and mileage down. Big con job, IMHO-

I have also noticed that when in a major city the air stinks more from the ethanol based fuels and when on my bike my eyes sting, just my observation over the years.

Back in the 80s when the gas and alcohol mix started Chevron service stations in this area, it is all they would carry.I worked for the railroad and we had a lot of older vehicles they would vapor lock we had to change fuel suppliers if the government would quit giving tax breaks to the gasoline suppliers for using gasoline and alcohol mix you would see it go away it cost more to produce and causes nothing but trouble that is why the fuel pumps are in the gas tanks to help stop vapor locking :mad:

Back in the 70's I used to drag race my fathers 900 Kawasaki. We looked into converting it to 100% alcohol. The first thing you do is DOUBLE the size of your jets if that tells you anything.

I had a Kawasaki with Cobra pipes and bigger jets. Ran great. Put E10 in it one time by accident and it gave it as real boost. Used it all the time after that. Not sure if it was the E or the higher octane (93 instead of 91) that suited the engine but it was definitely better. Only vehicle I've driven/ridden that actually went better with ethanol. Put it in the Rocket once when I had no option. Didn't really notice much difference but it was mixed with a few litres of good stuff still in the tank.

Around here gasoline is rated at 87,89,91 and most of the time the 91 is stale nobody buys it and your 89 is mixed with 91 to come up with so-called 89 it's all coming out of the same hose you don't know what you're getting

I sure wouldn't be buying Premium at an out-of-the-way country servo but so many cars in the cities use it now I reckon it would be safe enough. Fact is my Rocket runs best on 91 (that's your 89 I think) without ethanol, so that's what I use. The $3 a tank I've been saving is paying for my accommodation at Hervey Bay. :)

Ethanol?

Back in the 80s when the gas and alcohol mix started Chevron service stations in this area, it is all they would carry.I worked for the railroad and we had a lot of older vehicles they would vapor lock we had to change fuel suppliers if the government would quit giving tax breaks to the gasoline suppliers for using gasoline and alcohol mix you would see it go away it cost more to produce and causes nothing but trouble that is why the fuel pumps are in the gas tanks to help stop vapor locking :mad:
Stop asking questions and drink the koolaid

Back