Pulling to the left. Hard.

I had my tech reset/torque the fork bearings after changing them and reset the triple trees. This guy has several nice videos on how to adjust the bike.

Another nice video. This settings can be off from the factory

Thanks 1K9. Did your bike do the same but now it doesn’t after these fixes?

Thanks 1K9. Did your bike do the same but now it doesn’t after these fixes?
It fixed the drift. It also had a wobble while slowing down with hands off the bars. That was resolved but has come back. It might be the yoke bearings or a bad tyre. The front tyres go bad way before the meat is gone.

Your bike is new so I doubt the fork bearings are bad. The triple tree might have been hooked when they installed the front tyre. Try loosening the pinch bolts and front axle and brake calipers. Let the forks neutralize and retighten things slowly to see what happens. This is something you can do. Since the bike is probably under warranty It might be better if you take it to the dealer and talk with your service advisor. Tell him the bike is not running straight and have him ride it. This is a common problem. It takes some finesse not wrenching force to fix it.

I had this happen on a 1st. Generation R3T. My issue was a sticky caliper.
Yep. Specially the rear one. They need cleaning often. Take them off, clean, extrude the pistons, lube and reinstall. Also the rear caliper has two springs that holds the pads. The rear small one moves. Poor design.

I think the headshake is cupped tires, new tires always seem to fix it, then it comes back in 1000-1500 miles.

Good point about the roads and freeway angled slightly for drainage. This may be a reason for a minimal amount of pulling. That and the crappy conditions of all of the roads in California. The state Gov. seems to spend money like drunkin sailors (sorry Boog) but none goes towards the roads. That would be too responsible. :mad:

Back