I agree go see the kid in the hospital and see where his head is at.

1-His skills are without question and it was someone else s fault.
2-He has his tail between his legs and never wants to ride a bike again.
3-His ears will be open to what you have to say.

I have a son just like that. Full of P!ss and vinegar, till he is humbled a bit.

Good luck.

That and you still have your @ss planted at home when the whole state has headed north, Old man.

Don't need to go where I am at. Besides whatcha gonna do when the traffics crawling, you run out of gas and there is none to get. What was the name of the last hurricane you were in?

Don't need to go where I am at. Besides whatcha gonna do when the traffics crawling, you run out of gas and there is none to get. What was the name of the last hurricane you were in?

In Indiana we do not have hurricanes we have tornadoes. Just be safe you Grumpy old Man.

FRAN (North Carolina) Waves broke over the motel I was staying at while on leave. Had a hell of a time. Never again. If I where in Florida I would have left a week ago. Here in Oklahoma especially my location we have numerous Tornado warnings during the season. I have a rather Nice storm cellar. Decked out to the max, roll away bed, refrigerator, small TV with radio and its own power source (generator) Wife laughs at me, She stays topside and I go hide in the hole with my dog and cats (all six of them) Not proud. Been in a f-4 tornado and a cat 3 hurricane. Mother Nature Is a Mother #ucker with no Mercy.

Last edited:
Sounds like you were both tutoring and mentoring this kid sonny ? Go easy on him , the pupil will always endeavour to usurp the master !
With the right approach , a new level of understanding and respect can possibly be gleaned from this lad .
Hope he heals well ?

Took the day off and visited the kid at the Hospital. List of injurers: Four brokered vertebrates in his neck, they went in through the front of his neck so he has difficulty speaking, five pins in right hand, three broken ribs, broken collar bone, broken right leg below the knee, required pins, and punctured right lung. What a mess. They operated twice on his neck. He was thin to begin with now he sick looking thin. We talked for a long time. He admitted that he has a lot to learn about riding just wish he had listen to my advice. Long term he should be OK. Going to have to work with him on his welding because they say his hand has lost some movement that he will not regain. (feed hand tig) We can do that considering I went through the same with my hand. Missing later part of middle figure which I use to use to feed wire. He is a mess but still alive.:):):):):):):):)

Back