Poor soul on the side of the road.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Heading into work this afternoon saw a gold-wing on the side of the road. stopped and ask if he needed some help. His radiator went south and was waiting for a friend with a trailer to show up. 95 degrees out and no shade in sight. I carry two bottles of water with me during the summer months just for such occasions. When I pulled the water bottles out of my bag he looked surprised. Leather bag strapped to luggage rack nothing fancy. Offered him the water and needless to say he was grateful. He told me that numerous bikes had passed by but I was the first to stop and offer help. Then he made a comment about all his storage space as compared to mine and the fact that he had never thought about carry a few bottles of water for an emergency. I explained to him that I ride Hwy 75 just about everyday and have helped out a lot of stranded motorcyclist. He tried to pay me for the water but I refused. After today kind of got the feeling that he may pack some water with him especially if riding through rural Oklahoma. It can get very hot very quickly especially being stuck on the side of the road.

Mate well done, but here I knock em back unless it is refrigerated! ;):p.

When I was picking up HansO's wreck a state roads repair crew boss stopped and helped us load the bike on the tilt top and then insisted I have a couple of cold waters out of his truck's cooler bin. It was much nicer than my warm ones.

Even in April it can get pretty warm out on the NSW Hay Plain.

30ish years ago every bike broke down on the side of the road was glad to see you stop, now I get some weird looks sometimes because people just don't seem to expect it anymore.

But thanks for the tip sonny, I'm going to make sure I put a spare bottle or 2 in my saddle bags when they are on the bike.

Opps and nearly forgot, thanks for being one of the people that still stops! great job!

Last edited:
not many people would do that now a days. Good on you for doing it. I always like to think if i do a good deed then maybe one day when i may need some help someone will do the same for me

Back