Ponters RIIIR Custom

would never have happened if the paint guy had not taken the cam chain tenioner out to paint it with out checking it could be done with out upsetting things
Absolutely. Poor fella nearly necked himself for doing it. Looking forward to getting her on the road next week.

would never have happened if the paint guy had not taken the cam chain tenioner out to paint it with out checking it could be done with out upsetting things

Now that's what you call "uninformed."

I think I'd find a different paint guy.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Rick

With the 250+ hp and all the weight lost with the aftermarket exhaust system and the carbon wheels have you weighed her yet? No doubt a beautiful piece of work.

cheers mate...the flyscreen is a carbon dry screen. they don't sell them anymore as they can get brackets for them but i convinced them to make me one and had custom brackets made.

Hey bud. I was able to get them to send me a fly screen but my creativity is limited on coming up with a clean mounting solution. Any chance you could send me some pics and or specs/dimensions on your mounts? Maybe I can have some made? Maybe your guy can make me some?

Let me know. Thanks!

Hey bud. I was able to get them to send me a fly screen but my creativity is limited on coming up with a clean mounting solution. Any chance you could send me some pics and or specs/dimensions on your mounts? Maybe I can have some made? Maybe your guy can make me some?

Let me know. Thanks!
I now own this bike and is one of the four Rockets I own.
The Triumph fly screen mounts are what is used for the mounting of this screen. There is a guy making brackets selling on eBay I think @Ishrub would know this info.
I can take some pics for you but I do know that the brackets have been modified as the gauges were moved etc

Ponters has not been around for quite some time, and as far as I'm aware, his bike has changed hands.
It’s my precious
49D03EBC-DD85-44DF-B8FF-F4F92A47B741.jpeg
22A29BDC-8C39-4253-A7D4-531D6CBCDDE6.jpeg
56423E8C-7304-4C37-8C3F-5B8BFC013F6A.jpeg

Oh look there it is now, the greatest R3 ever assembled.

I can’t believe it’s never been a cover bike for a magazine. Hands down the greatest build imo to ever grace this earth.

I now own this bike and is one of the four Rockets I own.
The Triumph fly screen mounts are what is used for the mounting of this screen. There is a guy making brackets selling on eBay I think @Ishrub would know this info.
I can take some pics for you but I do know that the brackets have been modified as the gauges were moved etc

Yep Dave Gill in the UK makes stainless steel versions powdercoated black in 2 styles - matching stock screen position and a customized version which brings the bottom tip forward an inch similar to Ponter's (now @Mittzy 's) Bike above and allows easier access to your ignition lock and key etc. but you may have to drill some new holes in it to get exactly the orientation you want.

Easiest to buy on eBay through his toyota6510 used id or his online store called Rocke's Patches. Sometime he is a little hard to contact but great bloke.

Cheaper with better postage rates too at his Rocke's Patches site though for many of the same items but he does not restock or have the same range here for body bits anymore.

Triumph Rocket 3 Metal Parts - Rocke's Patches

Triumph Rocket 3 Plastic Parts - Rocke's Patches

He makes and sells quite a few things that may appeal like Fiberglass (GRP) Bearclaws (with vented grilles or not) and even a RHS dummy version for a similar look on both sides of your tank and FAR, FAR, FAR cheaper than Carbon Dry's fiberglass or similar versions of things.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii fly screen brackets custom | eBay
The brackets are made from stainless steel laser cut then power coated black , they are same fit as the original but been re designed to push the bottom of the screen 25 mm forward the pitch has been alter same rake angle as the forks to give more access to the key area slots for adjustment ,

Stock screen position matching version below
TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii fly screen brackets black | eBay

Black custom Chrome bolt kit.
TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii fly screen bolt kit in black | eBay

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp air box cover vented
TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp air box cover vented | eBay

upload_2018-2-17_10-37-50.png

LH version here for replacemnet of existing Bearclaw.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp air box cover vented | eBay

Back