I run the Staintunes with their cat box eliminator.

Nice deep rumble and some good sound when you go hard but they tone down to practically silent at highway speeds. Perfect for me.

My brother runs the TORs which I find too loud and have an annoying bark to them.

Jardines sound great but are really, really LOUD.

Wow Dragger, you think the TORS are too loud? Well, now that I think about it, I guess they can be ... I do wear ear plugs. Funny though, most consider TORS rather tame, but I guess they aren't all that tame. I've run the stockers, D&D's with and without baffles and settled on the TORS. I still have not heard Jardines or Staintune in person, I would like to. There are so many comparisons I wanted to make being around a bunch of Rockets, I sure wish I'd made it to Maggie Valley ... I'm still kicking myself over that. :mad:

I'd really like to hear the difference between the triple TORS and the Dual TORS ... do those bigger cans make any change to the tone? Anyone heard both?

Almost all the comments I get about my TORS are positive although I have been chipped for being too loud once or twice. :( They're loud enough for me to want to ride carefully in my own street so I don't piss the neighbours off too much and they do make my windows rattle and set off car alarms :D. But overall, I love 'em.

I run the Staintunes with their cat box eliminator.

Nice deep rumble and some good sound when you go hard but they tone down to practically silent at highway speeds. Perfect for me.

My brother runs the TORs which I find too loud and have an annoying bark to them.

Jardines sound great but are really, really LOUD.

How did find the stain tunes affected the engine performance, I am more interested in the affect on the low end torque.
Being in Australia I like to get the stain tunes but don't want to lose any low end.

I had Jardines on my last R3, loud but sound great. No cat box and the bike really breaths better with a noticeable lift in hp. Fit the k&n's with a Tuneboy tune and hang on.

Jardines are great if you think they are too loud just wrap them more I herd of people doing that and they find it not as loud.
But I tell you my jardines have saved me a few times from those people that like to just cut you off and I crank her and scare the crap out of them and they get back in there own lane, and say sorry to me as I pass bye:) Bet thing I ever did to my Rocket.
But I did here the newer Jardines are not as loud.

Got my TORs exhaust mated up to the Staintune crossover today. Wow... what a difference. Not a ton louder than the original exhaust but has a deeper tone and larger growl when I get on it. This is on a 2010 Roadster with a enrichment of the ECU by Power-Tripp performance. I got on it good one time and the front tire came off the ground changing into second. lol

I was looking through the stock crossover and can tell that it wasn't letting it breath. Fat Frank did a little write up on the crossover and now I see what he was saying. Then you add in the choking exhaust pipes with catalytic converters and no wonder the bike felt tame. I could hold the exhaust pipe up to the sun and I couldn't see light because of the cats. Not with the TORs... straight through exhaust system.

Back