Pipercross Intake Mod

Interesting, I run the 1770s, did not know there was a 1750 that is the same, but 4" tall instead of 6", inlet and diameter the same, the 6" 1770s are a bit much, I may try the 1750

Cruising for me is between 70 and 80 these days.
These replaced K&N 1750s
Those are pretty much my cruising speeds too - 110-140kph.
Needs to be tested against RamAir with and without Oz-claw and the ITG I think - Don't you!
I need to search for an overflow tank.

465RU1750_L_f32a71a0-6fe3-4854-925c-d6ec21fee772.jpg
k&n 1750

It's not been on the dyno yet Nev, currently just dialing AFRs back where they should be. I'm using a bit of a frankenstein tune at the moment. Transposed my TuneBoy tune into TuneECU, then interpolated Nel's PC-V to adjust the raw values into TuneECU so the base tune is much closer to right than before. It's **** close to as good as it's going to get, smooth like butter and power comes on strong and even.

Waiting on a free spot with Nels to get a TuneECU full tune done :)

Without any doubt, there's a torque lump right between 3-4k that wasn't there last week. Whether that's an increase in that range or a drop above and below, the dyno will have to paint the picture my butt can only tell there IS a lump, not if its bigger lol (it does feel torquier though).

The new sound does REALLY BAD THINGS to my throttle control, its like the little devil on my left shoulder stabbed the angel on my right shoulder and threw him off. It's soooooo addictive to feel that rush of torque.

Interesting, I run the 1770s, did not know there was a 1750 that is the same, but 4" tall instead of 6", inlet and diameter the same, the 6" 1770s are a bit much, I may try the 1750

1750s vs no filter at all showed no difference on the dyno, runs done within 5 minutes of each other. No change to AFR, no change to power or torque. Granted I was only making 190hp, so a stronger bike may show a restriction.

Back