Penner map on USA 22' GT

I noticed you mentioned Bren tuning. Were you planning on buying the hand held device and getting an unrestricted tune? There is an issue if you install the Bren tune and afterwards the dealer automatically loads an upgraded stock tune. This could happen during the break in service and subsequently unless you tell the dealer not to load any upgrades. It sounds like a potentially expensive hassle.

The unrestricted Penner tunes work great according to reports. If the stock bike isn’t hot enough for you, you can get ~170 rwhp at WOT with the unrestricted tuned. You have to get the Android version of Tuneecu and the necessary hardware (tablet, phone, Bluetooth module) to load it. It’s much cheaper than Bren. The potential problem is with the new bikes. Penner’s tunes are modifications of older stock tunes. You need a base tune compatible with your VIN. Stock tunes are now available from Tuneecu for Rockets with VINs from AV5457. You need to make sure that this stock tune is compatible with your 2023 model. If so, then you can copy Penner’s tables into the new stock tune and load it to your bike. Penner’s tunes were done for stock bikes. If you are planning to make significant modifications to the exhaust and/or intake, plan your tuning options accordingly.
My vin is:

SMTG11JXOPTBJ1111

My vin is:

SMTG11JXOPTBJ1111
That sounds like it’s after AV5457 but that doesn’t mean 31249 is compatible with your bike. Bren is doing a similar thing to a base tune as Penner did. Bren says their system is compatible with 2023 models. Does Bren have access to more recent tunes than Tuneecu does? You could ask Bren what base tunes they use for the 2023 models or you could ask the author of Tuneecu (Alain Fontaine, meeouf@gmail.com) if the latest tunes on his web site are compatible with your vin, or wait for someone with a 2023 model to do it without bricking their bike.

That sounds like it’s after AV5457 but that doesn’t mean 31249 is compatible with your bike. Bren is doing a similar thing to a base tune as Penner did. Bren says their system is compatible with 2023 models. Does Bren have access to more recent tunes than Tuneecu does? You could ask Bren what base tunes they use for the 2023 models or you could ask the author of Tuneecu (Alain Fontaine, meeouf@gmail.com) if the latest tunes on his web site are compatible with your vin, or wait for someone with a 2023 model to do it without bricking their bike.

OK, I have an android cell phone i can load tune ecu on...I also have 2 bluetooth adapters...

ELM 327 and an OBD MX+...will either of those work?

At the last minute I decided to go with the 2023 Rocket 3 R Chrome instead of the GT Chrome...lol. looking at the tune list, should I attempt to load tune 31255 for my bike?

OK, I have an android cell phone i can load tune ecu on...I also have 2 bluetooth adapters...

ELM 327 and an OBD MX+...will either of those work?

At the last minute I decided to go with the 2023 Rocket 3 R Chrome instead of the GT Chrome...lol. looking at the tune list, should I attempt to load tune 31255 for my bike?
The OBDLink Mx+ is recommended for Tuneecu. 31255 would be the base map assuming it is compatible with your vin. See Tuneecu.fr for instructions on how to buy the app, register the app, register your bike and use the app.

Ok, was able to register the bike to the app...here is what I am seeing...what tune should I attempt to load? I can't see how to load the tune to the app and then load the tune to the bike via the app...

356875126_6651797914872242_4771990528055102625_n.jpg

The OBDLink Mx+ is recommended for Tuneecu. 31255 would be the base map assuming it is compatible with your vin. See Tuneecu.fr for instructions on how to buy the app, register the app, register your bike and use the app.
Just got done loading the Penner tune with Doug’s help! Thank you doug!
IMG_5807.jpeg

Hi there! I assume you are from Chicago area I myself from Schaumburg area!! Would you be able load tune on my 2020gt? I’m not good with pc and all computer stuff but ok with mechanical part if you need help on in future!!
its really straight forward, you dont need to be good with computers / phones. All you need is patience and certain items to flash the tune.

Back